All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 10 January 2010

What did i stitch last week?

I was hoping to finish Just Nan - Lady Scarlet's Journey before the end of last year but time ran out as it does when Christmas draws near, there doesn't seem enough hours in the day to complete lesser important projects when gifts need to be stitched for a deadline day. This week in my quiet moments i completed Part 2 so still Part 3 left to do. Its such a lovely project and i do enjoy the little animals that are stitched 1 over 1 on the 28ct fabric, it adds such detail. Jan 1st was the start date for the Just Nan SAL at Stitch & Stash and i couldn't resist making a start on that too. You can choose any JN design, i have a few in my stash and finally decided on Ice Garden. There are quite a few ladies who have joined in this and its going to last all year long, how exciting its going to be to see lots of JN designs develop and stitchers who are new to JN try them for the first time.

You can never plan ahead too far and the monthly Christmas ornament SAL is continuing this year again at Stitch & Stash. With that in mind i knew the JBW 'Christmas Tree I' had to be my first this year, the chart was a gift from Karen and stitched up so fast.

I hope you had a nice weekend.

16 comments:

mollycaff said...

Lovely stitching on both projects, but that little squirrel on Lady Scarlet's Journey is so cute!

Shari said...

everything looks great Julie! I love the ornament!! I think I could stitch strictly ornaments & be happy! There are so many available to chose from!!!

Elisa said...

Lovely ornie and JN WIP...I am a JN virgin and loving stitching my piece :)

Lesleyanne said...

All your stitching is looking great. Congrats on being first on Stitch and Stash Ornie SAL.

Rachael said...

That Ladybird button is cute, Lovely ornie Julie.
I hope Midge is feeling better

Christine said...

The JN pieces look great, I love the Ice Garden one so far.
Great ornie too

Always smiling said...

Lovely stitching Julie, I was very temoted by the JN SAL but am doing the RR and other WIPs so I thought perhaps not, altho???? If iit is an all year one I might just fit it in!!
So are we to be partnered in the Grand Marquoir? Lots of time to decide I am looking out fabric and floss..
Happy Stitching Julie. I don't think I said on your other mail but I loved your Positive Thinking, some thing I do and it certainly blows away the blues.
Hugs Chris x

Barb said...

Lady Scarlet is so pretty Julie, and another one too ,that looks to be a lovely piece, you have been busy getting your ornie done,I havent thought about it yet ,although perhaps my fa-la-la will count lol.

Mylene said...

Lovely progress on both projects, Julie and that is such a cute ornament, congrats!

Carol said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely, Julie!! I really like the ribbon surrounding the ornament, too. Is it hard to do?

Ginnie said...

Great stitching, and loving the first Christmas ornament.

Sheilasembroidery said...

Well done, lovely work.

Karan said...

Two beautiful JN pieces there Julie & a fab ornie to start off the year. :0)

Stitcher said...

I love them all.

Sally said...

Both these look beautiful Julie and I love the ornament. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Ice Garden.

So sorry about your uncle. My thoughts are with you all {{{{hugs}}}}

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow the colours for Ice Garden are just gorgeous! Totally up my alley Julie, did you change them for the original colours? Your ornament is beautiful too! Not only did you stitch it, but you finished it too! Great job!