All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 16 January 2010

Birthday gifts

January is a busy month for Birthdays for me. I need to plan in December for a couple that are Jan 1st and Jan 2nd, also 2 male members of my family had a birthday last week (i didn't stitch a gift for them).

The shaun fob was for one of the stitchy club ladies and these bookmarks are for two older members. I also give them a jar of my homemade marmalade as its become a bit of a tradition that they have one after they had a sample jar one year. I'll be taking these with me to the club on Wednesday but i can show you them as neither of the older ladies blog. The alphabet and flower design is from a very old magazine.

Last night i finished the stitching on the challenge piece for Stitch & Stash and put it together this morning. The Dec challenge was carried over to Jan as only one lady had managed to complete it by the deadline but i can't show you it until reveal day at the end of the month. I'm planning to continue with Lady Scarlet this weekend and try to complete it before i begin my new project. The rain has been falling since last night, the snows all melted and there are puddles everywhere so its far too wet to be outdoors doing anything.

Enjoy your weekend whatever your plans

14 comments:

Ranae said...

I have lots of birthdays in Jan. too and they get overlooked with the holidays until it's almost too late. My mom's is on Tuesday and just informed me yesterday, she would like something stitched, ahh yeah right! lol
I am sure the ladies will love the bookmarks and homemade marmalade.
I love your reveal days, so I can't wait to see what it is
Have a great weekend!!

staci said...

Mmmm, yummy gifts! I bet your friends really loved receiving them :)

Stitcher said...

Very pretty, and homemade marmalade sound yummy, it's something I'd like to try and make.

Clare - Aimetu said...

Oh lovely gifts. It's amazing how some months have more birthdays than others. Good luck with all your gifts:)

Christine said...

Pretty bookmarks, and who could resist homemade marmalade?

Dani - tkdchick said...

What great gifts!

Carol said...

Yum--nothing like homemade goodies to go along with stitching gifts. I know they will love them!

Hope you are having a great weekend, Julie, filled with lots of stitching time :)

Karan said...

Lucky ladies - the bookmarks are very pretty & the marmalade looks tasty. :0)
Just noticed that you've completed all of your January goals already. WTG! :0)

Daffycat said...

Very sweet gifts and so personal too! Good job!

Shari said...

what beautiful gifts for your two friends. Homemade gifts are the best kind of gifts!!!

Mylene said...

Such great gifts you've made for your friends. I am sure they'll love them.

Rachael said...

Lovely Bookmarks and what a great idea to give Homemade marmalade.
Well done on finishing your goals for this month!!

Shellie said...

Bookmarks are lovely hun.
Hope you sre keeping well
Hugs Shellie

stitcheranon said...

oooo I would love your marmalade recipe!
lol
Gaynor
PS look on my lbog to see what arrived today. Thank you muchly. I love them.