When looking for something to stitch for Karen for her birthday, i came across this Just Nan design and the Sleeping Angel charm in my 'Mary Poppins bottomless bag' (i bet you all have a stash one too!). I put some little goodies into the bag for her too. Fabric was 28ct antique white laguna and the threads are DMC with the addition of gold and white Mill Hill seed beads. I hope you've had a lovely Birthday Karen, it was really lovely to have a little chat with you on the phone this morning. x
The first time i made one of these little bags was in December for a non-stitching friend who turned 40. I wanted something to hold the glass 'fabulous forty' gift i bought. A bourse came to mind but then i found a tutorial for the lined bag here. I didn't show it last month as i wanted Karens to be a nice surprise. Design is from Just Nans 'Heartfelt' stitched on 28ct sky blue brittney using DMC.Have a good weekend whatever your plans
It's beautiful Julie - I will have a look at that tutorial- thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeletehow pretty!! What a great little gift for special friends!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow...you are so clever..It is really pretty. Of to look at the tutorial now!
ReplyDeleteIts beautiful Julie, I'm sure Karen loves it
ReplyDeleteJulie, I like your stitched bag idea.
ReplyDeleteThey turned out great. I see you used 28 count Lugana. I kind of fell in love with it stitching Chilly.
What a gorgeous gift for Karen's birthday, I think I will be stopping by that link to have a look. and The one for the other friend is gorgeous too!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet present, Julie--really special! I'm sure Karen will treasure it :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching and I loved the bag, such a thoughtful present, lucky Karen to have such a friend.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Julie and I hope it will be a good one for you.
Love and Blessings
Chris x
What a pretty bag, and so nicely finished. Thank you for the tutorial link, I have bookmarked for a day when I feel a little courageous ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt is lovely Julie I am sure Karen would have been delighted with it. I love the sleeping angel too. You always put so much thought into your gifts.
ReplyDeleteMay have to do one of those bags at some point.
They are both beautiful.
ReplyDeleteKaren sure has a great friend
ReplyDeleteIt's a lovely gift.
Happy New Year Julie!
ReplyDeleteThose bags are wonderful gifts.
Oooh both those bags are gorgeous Julie. Must have a look at that tutorial.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you and your family!
Beautiful work Julie. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty gift....lovely xx
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful gifts - very lucky recipients. Many thanks for the link too. Glad you liked your gift (so relieved it got there in time!) & thank you again for mine. Your home looked lovely, all decorated.:0)
ReplyDeleteSorry things didn't go so well for you. Have been keeping you all in my thoughts & Angel prayers. Lots of (((((((((hugs))))))))). Take care.
That's a lovely gift.
ReplyDeleteThose little bags are lovely! Thanks for the link to the tutorial too!
ReplyDelete