All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 2 January 2010

Happy Birthday Karen

When looking for something to stitch for Karen for her birthday, i came across this Just Nan design and the Sleeping Angel charm in my 'Mary Poppins bottomless bag' (i bet you all have a stash one too!). I put some little goodies into the bag for her too. Fabric was 28ct antique white laguna and the threads are DMC with the addition of gold and white Mill Hill seed beads.

I hope you've had a lovely Birthday Karen, it was really lovely to have a little chat with you on the phone this morning. x

The first time i made one of these little bags was in December for a non-stitching friend who turned 40. I wanted something to hold the glass 'fabulous forty' gift i bought. A bourse came to mind but then i found a tutorial for the lined bag here. I didn't show it last month as i wanted Karens to be a nice surprise. Design is from Just Nans 'Heartfelt' stitched on 28ct sky blue brittney using DMC.

Have a good weekend whatever your plans

19 comments:

Clare - Aimetu said...

It's beautiful Julie - I will have a look at that tutorial- thanks for sharing :)

Shari said...

how pretty!! What a great little gift for special friends!!!!!

stitcheranon said...

Wow...you are so clever..It is really pretty. Of to look at the tutorial now!

Christine said...

Its beautiful Julie, I'm sure Karen loves it

Bonnie said...

Julie, I like your stitched bag idea.
They turned out great. I see you used 28 count Lugana. I kind of fell in love with it stitching Chilly.

Rachael said...

What a gorgeous gift for Karen's birthday, I think I will be stopping by that link to have a look. and The one for the other friend is gorgeous too!!

Carol said...

What a sweet present, Julie--really special! I'm sure Karen will treasure it :)

Always smiling said...

Beautiful stitching and I loved the bag, such a thoughtful present, lucky Karen to have such a friend.
Happy New Year Julie and I hope it will be a good one for you.
Love and Blessings
Chris x

mollycaff said...

What a pretty bag, and so nicely finished. Thank you for the tutorial link, I have bookmarked for a day when I feel a little courageous ;-)

Barb said...

It is lovely Julie I am sure Karen would have been delighted with it. I love the sleeping angel too. You always put so much thought into your gifts.
May have to do one of those bags at some point.

Stitcher said...

They are both beautiful.

Ranae said...

Karen sure has a great friend
It's a lovely gift.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy New Year Julie!

Those bags are wonderful gifts.

Sally said...

Oooh both those bags are gorgeous Julie. Must have a look at that tutorial.

Happy New Year to you and your family!

VeeandCo Cross Stitch Designs said...

Beautiful work Julie. Happy New Year!

Elisa said...

What a pretty gift....lovely xx

Karan said...

What beautiful gifts - very lucky recipients. Many thanks for the link too. Glad you liked your gift (so relieved it got there in time!) & thank you again for mine. Your home looked lovely, all decorated.:0)
Sorry things didn't go so well for you. Have been keeping you all in my thoughts & Angel prayers. Lots of (((((((((hugs))))))))). Take care.

Mylene said...

That's a lovely gift.

tintocktap said...

Those little bags are lovely! Thanks for the link to the tutorial too!