All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Friday, 27 November 2009

Christmas is coming!

My plan at the beginning of 2009 to stitch one ornament a month is still on target. A lovely collection ready to wrap for family and friends are already completed and now i will add Loopylou Designs 'Christmas Joy' from JCS ornament 2007 for the month of November. In the magazine it's stitched white on white, but i decided to go with the more traditional festive colours for mine.

My ornament in the exchange at Stitch & Stash has been sent and i have received mine from my partner (its wonderful and i say a big thank you, you know who you are), unfortunately i can't reveal this till everyone has received theirs so as not to spoil the guessing of who sent to who for those still to receive. There are differing opinions on revealing exchanges:- A)show a pic and say who as soon as you receive, or B)wait till a reveal date and post pics all at once on the forum so all is revealed together - which do you prefer?

I hope all my friends over the pond had a lovely Thanksgiving with their loved ones and are not suffering from too much overeating today!

I've been thinking of Karan today as she underwent her surgery, i hope all went well and she is soon back with us in blogland feeling much better.

Have a good weekend whatever your plans

10 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a pretty ornament! Now not all of us over the pond are celebarting Thanksgiving... just the Americans. We have ours in October (in Canada) as our harvest time is much earlier due to our northern climate.

Bonnie said...

You have outdone yourself again Julie. It is beautiful. love the bugle beads.

Daffycat said...

Such lovely stitching! I do like colorful ornaments.

Barb said...

Hi there Julie in answer to your question, I think I would like pics etc all revealed together, but I think it is nice to tell the person who sends, thanks and that you have received it asap.
Hope Karan is ok too.
Love that ornie too.
Speak soon

Mylene said...

Lovely ornament, Julie!!

Christine said...

Lovely ornament Julie, changing the colours makes it look totally different, I wouldn't have recognised it as the same piece as the one in the mag.
I think I prefer exchanges to have a big "reveal day", keeps the suspense going

CindyMae said...

What a wonderful ornament! That is gorgeous!

Sally said...

Very pretty ornament Julie. I love the colour changes.

Carol said...

Hi Julie--I just stumbled upon your blog and love your new ornament. I've been stitching ornaments this year, too, but haven't finish/finished many of them yet!

Your BP Sampler in blue is just lovely, too :)

Karan said...

Gorgeous ornie Julie. I do like white on white but have to say your version is definitely more Christmassy.
I prefer waiting until reveal day as it keeps the suspense going for a bit longer. :0)
Thanks again for the kind thoughts. Feeling much better now. :0)