
It's been more of a knitty week, DH's halloween socks are complete, he's really pleased with them especially as they are a bit longer in the leg than the other pair. I've also been knitting some Christmas surprise smalls which grow really fast. DS saw them and has asked for 2 for his friends children for Christmas.
Thank you to Gaynor for the lovely knitting mag which i won in a contest on her blog. It's got a great book about crochet with it, thats the 'lets try something new' i want to do in 2010, this year it was the socks and i have mastered those (i know its only on 2 needles and i have yet to master the 4 needles LOL) Lots of stitchers seem to be enjoying taking a break from stitching and trying knitting or crochet recently i have seen it on lots of blogs.
This morning i finished off the monthly challenge piece. This month it's a choice of 2 free designs from The Drawn Thread, not long till the reveal of this as its next Sunday.
Enjoy your crafty time ...
Neat socks, Julie.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could make socks, I can only make scraves and hats.
Two wonderful mags from Gaynor. I really must go visit her blog, I must have lost the link to it.
DT was some cool freebies.
Have fun!!
great socks- I love mine :)
ReplyDeleteGreat Socks.
ReplyDeleteI admire all of you who knit the socks! They are so beautiful! I would love to learn how to do these. Keep up the great work!!!
ReplyDeleteA little is better than none! :0)
ReplyDeleteI need to get cracking on stitching soon otherwise everything I have will become UFO'S!!!
Knitting seems to be the order of the day :) Love your Hubby's Halloween socks. And I'm very curious to see your Christmas knitting!!!
ReplyDeleteCool sox Julie or warm I hope.
ReplyDeleteThink ill stick to squares and teddies !
Fantastic socks Julie
ReplyDeleteJulie I love the Halloween socks! The yarn is so pretty. I just finished knitting 2 sweater jackets for my grandsons. You have been my inspiration to pick knitting up again. I haven't done it for 20 years. Thank you my friend.
ReplyDeleteLove those socks - still make me think of a tiger when I see them. :0) Nice mags, will look forward to seeing what you make with those corchet hooks. Haven't started to Challenge piece yet - must extract my digit! LOL :0)
ReplyDeleteKnitting socks now!! Bravo! :o)
ReplyDeletePs... my blog is invite only now
laphoenix@hotmail.com
Love those socks Julie! I bet DH's feet have never been so toastie:)
ReplyDeleteSo, how are the laddies doing? Haven't heard about them lately.
ReplyDelete