All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 18 October 2009

Knit not stitch

Only 1 evening of stitching this week which was Wednesday at the club, i took Beatrix with me and accomplished half of another motif, its growing but very slowly, why is it the last little bit gets so boring and always takes forever?

It's been more of a knitty week, DH's halloween socks are complete, he's really pleased with them especially as they are a bit longer in the leg than the other pair.

I've also been knitting some Christmas surprise smalls which grow really fast. DS saw them and has asked for 2 for his friends children for Christmas.

Thank you to Gaynor for the lovely knitting mag which i won in a contest on her blog. It's got a great book about crochet with it, thats the 'lets try something new' i want to do in 2010, this year it was the socks and i have mastered those (i know its only on 2 needles and i have yet to master the 4 needles LOL) Lots of stitchers seem to be enjoying taking a break from stitching and trying knitting or crochet recently i have seen it on lots of blogs.

This morning i finished off the monthly challenge piece. This month it's a choice of 2 free designs from The Drawn Thread, not long till the reveal of this as its next Sunday.

Enjoy your crafty time ...

13 comments:

Ranae said...

Neat socks, Julie.
I wish I could make socks, I can only make scraves and hats.
Two wonderful mags from Gaynor. I really must go visit her blog, I must have lost the link to it.
DT was some cool freebies.
Have fun!!

Clare - Aimetu said...

great socks- I love mine :)

Lesleyanne said...

Great Socks.

Shari said...

I admire all of you who knit the socks! They are so beautiful! I would love to learn how to do these. Keep up the great work!!!

Rachael said...

A little is better than none! :0)
I need to get cracking on stitching soon otherwise everything I have will become UFO'S!!!

staci said...

Knitting seems to be the order of the day :) Love your Hubby's Halloween socks. And I'm very curious to see your Christmas knitting!!!

Shellie said...

Cool sox Julie or warm I hope.
Think ill stick to squares and teddies !

Christine said...

Fantastic socks Julie

VeeandCo Cross Stitch Designs said...

Julie I love the Halloween socks! The yarn is so pretty. I just finished knitting 2 sweater jackets for my grandsons. You have been my inspiration to pick knitting up again. I haven't done it for 20 years. Thank you my friend.

Karan said...

Love those socks - still make me think of a tiger when I see them. :0) Nice mags, will look forward to seeing what you make with those corchet hooks. Haven't started to Challenge piece yet - must extract my digit! LOL :0)

Lori-Ann said...

Knitting socks now!! Bravo! :o)
Ps... my blog is invite only now
laphoenix@hotmail.com

Sally said...

Love those socks Julie! I bet DH's feet have never been so toastie:)

Marian said...

So, how are the laddies doing? Haven't heard about them lately.