All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 26 April 2009

Reveal Day

The monthly challenge at Stitch and Stash is an exciting SAL and today is the reveal for us all to see which free design we chose to stitch from A Mon Ami Pierre. Another great month, the ladies have done some amazing work (well done girls), you can see all the finishes in this album. It was a hard decision this month, i liked them all. Choice finally made, this one just screamed mattress pin cushion to me when i saw it. A flash of inspiration and out came the DMC linen threads as i decided on paler colours. I've not used the colourays asked for but chose what i wanted from the bobbin box as i was stitching. Fabric is 26ct oatmeal that was an oddment i had in my stash drawer. It's a bit of a fiddly finish but well worth the effort. On the back i just stitched 2009 in the blue thread.

21 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Julie, I just love it!
I love the design, the thread colour, and the matress finish(something I've never tried)
well done, it's a beauty

Gaynor said...

Wow that is pretty. I have never made a mattress finish either. Loooks like I might have to give it a go lol

Christine said...

Its really pretty Julie, the soft, light colours really suit the design and the mattress finish is great

Shellie said...

Gorgeous your finished are always so good I need help lol no clue at all on finishing and need to do that nameplate!!

Ginnie said...

I love your colour choices and great finish too.

Dee said...

It's gorgeous. I love the swan.

Mylene said...

It's a beautiful finish!

wendy said...

so pretty!

Ranae said...

Julie, I love it. It is so pretty with the soft colors. The finish is awesome.

Daffycat said...

How beautiful, Julie!

Julianne said...

Julie,

Lovely work! Wonderful finish!

I've wanted to try making a mattress pincushion but I haven't worked up the courage yet.

Karan said...

Very pretty finish Julie - love the soft look the colours give. So love Reveal Day! :0)

tintocktap said...

Beautiful, Julie! I love the colours and threads you've used.

jennilynn said...

Very pretty. I love the colors.

mollycaff said...

Beautiful colours and I love the mattress finish!

CindyMae said...

That is just gorgeous! Great job stitching and finishing it!!

Carol said...

Ooh Julie, that's very pretty! I love the colours you've chosen and the mattress pincushion finish is perfect!

Sally said...

Oh Julie that is absolutely gorgeous. I just love everything about it. Please come and give me a lesson on the mattress pinkeep:) I've let you have tea and cake:) Lol!

Hazel said...

Julie - that is a beauty!! xx

Stitcher said...

This is beautiful, I love your colour choices.

Lori-Ann said...

I love the colors you choose. Is it experience, or a natural talent? Great job.