All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 7 April 2009

A gift for Barb

Barb (no blog) has received the little gift i stitched for her as a thank you for the lovely parcel she sent to me. The design is a very old Lizzie Kate freebie which i chose to make into a bobbin holder. We'd had a conversation at Stitch and Stash about how we all finished our challenge pieces and if we hand sew or machine stitch them. I always hand sew mine and thought what better way to explain than to show her. Vicki Clayton thread in garnet was my choice on sky blue britney stitched 1x1. I also included the 2 skeins of silk for her to try. I'm looking forward to seeing what she stitches with them and how she likes them... i do hope i have not started her off on a new collection of threads :-)

15 comments:

pipkate6663 said...

Julie that's a lovely gift - great choice of colours too - I'm sure Barb will love it.

Karen said...

nice gift for Barb

Shari said...

what a wonderful gift Julie!!!! I love how you finished it with the ribbon on top as well. And so sweet to include the flosses too!!! Yes, I see another addiction ahead!

Julianne said...

Julie,

What a sweet and useful gift. I bet she'll love the silks.

staci said...

A totally sweet gift! Lucky Barb!!!

Clare - Aimetu said...

Lovely gift idea :)

brokenfairy said...

A superb gift for Barb!

Shellie said...

Its gorgeous hun
Just to let you know my scissors fob is still doing its job perfectly no more hunting for scisscors here lol
Happy stitching to you and the lucky barb
Hugs Shellie

Jenn said...

What a nice gift, Julie!! Beautiful, as always!

Karan said...

A lovely gift Julie. Those VC silks are gorgeous - poor Barb won't be able to resist! LOL :0)

mollycaff said...

Cute fob Julie! VC silks too, what a way to start an addiction!

Barb said...

Hi Julie and yes the fob is great and the silks to die for where did you say I could get more lol. Karan knows me too well.
Hugs Barb

Mylene said...

Such a cute gift for Barb.

Christine said...

Its a lovely gift, and yes, she will get addicted to the silks ;D

Lori-Ann said...

cute design that you chose. I've never worked with silk thread, someday.