All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 19 March 2009

Thank you Edda

A very special parcel arrived here today.

Edda has RAK'd me with a beautiful pair of her hand knitted socks and they have flown across the water from Iceland. Thank you so much Edda they fit perfectly and i will treasure them, your knitting is so beautiful and i love the colour you chose for me.

I've been in a bit of an emotional mood this week and these just caused me to reach for the tissue box when i read the letter she enclosed with them.

Whilst i had the camera out to take a pic of the socks i thought i'd show you an update of the Needleprint Beatrix Potter Quaker SAL. It's progressing nicely and i now have 2 pages finished.

I've also finished my card for DS for his birthday, but sometimes he looks here so that will have to wait till the weekend after his birthday.

11 comments:

Gaynor said...

The socks look great..I am a big fan of hand knitted socks...yet have never tried knitting them myself.

Bp is looking great!

Ranae said...

Very nice sock RAK.
is coming along great.

Shellie said...

Socks look very cosy and ur BP SAL is lovely
Happy Stitching
Shellie

Karen said...

nice socks, BP is coming along

icelandmom said...

It was a pleasure Julie to knit those socks and give them to you. I am happy you like them. You are making great progress on your BP sal. I really like the colours.

Lori-Ann said...

Cool socks... very unique. You SAL is looking good.

Sally said...

Those socks look lovely and warm Julie.

Bea is coming along nicely. I didn't stitch on her this week.

Christine said...

Nice socks! I knitted a sock once. Just one. I must do the other one sometime!
BP looks great

Karan said...

Great socks, they look like they're lovely & warm. BP is growing nicely & looking so pretty. :0)

mollycaff said...

Good progress on BP and those socks rock!!

wendy said...

lovely progress and cute socks!