All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 17 March 2009

SAL's & new start

I was really good this weekend and finished Part 11 of the Papillon Creations SAL, that only leaves one final part now to do.

Did you see the new SAL that is starting over on their site? If not you can register to receive the newsletter which tells you all about it. It's called 'Castles in the Air' and will be in 24 parts. It's going to be a biggie but sounds really nice, will i be able to resist? I think i might have to pay the £1 they are asking for it and see part one then decide :-) Then the task of trying to choose a colour combination ...


LHN SAL with Karen and here's my progress for this week on the little scissor fob.

NEW START
Can you guess what this one is? As if i need to tell you! I couldn't resist, so the one i had planned to start this month has been put back into the workbox. I chose a different fabric from the one asked, still 32ct linen but i chose a mossy green.

Isn't it nice that we've had a few days of sunshine. DH was out in the garden at the weekend, borders were tidied and the lawn mowed. Its lovely to sit in the conservatory and see the nice colourful spring bulbs. He's been busy in the greenhouse too, lots of veggie seeds are shooting up ready to be planted at the allotment. I'm not a gardener but i do nod in the right places and praise him for his efforts and of course keep him supplied with tea and the odd piece of cake to keep his strength up!!

Happy St Patricks Day
and a little reminder to the UFO ladies that Mr Stick will be on the prowl tonight LOL

15 comments:

icelandmom said...

Oh, I just love your new start Julie - The Travelling Stitcher. I'll be looking out for updates on how it stitches up and how you are going to finish this. I also like the SAL you are doing with Karen. I received the newsletter from Papillon Creations and I for one am going to check out their new SAL. It sounds really interesting. You are almost done with "How does your garden grow". Looking forward to seeing that one finished. Have a wonderful day Julie and Yes, I'll be stitching on my UFO tonight so that Mr Stick doesn't have to tell me off. LOL ;-)

brokenfairy said...

Yay one part left, Did you decide what you are finishing it as?
yes the new Pap SAL ,how ever will we be able to decide on 21 colours,I know some are already chosen for us ,but still!!
Great new start, Love the mossy green you choose. Love the cute scissor fob
It was lovely to get a bit of sun at the weekend I hope we get some more, the kids were out in the garden which was lovely, and I am hoping to try and start of some planting,I am not very good at gardening,but going to give it a better try this year!

Lori-Ann said...

Oh, I can't bear to hear about gardens and lawns... :o( mine is under at least 1 foot of snow in most parts.

That SAL does sound interesting... I checked it out. But HUGE!! I always have a huge project on the go, so maybe I'll do the smarter thing and watch a few of you stitch it.

Enjoy your weather!

staci said...

Wonderful stitching! Your Papillion SAL is really coming along beautifully!

:: wee bird :: said...

yes I got the info on the Papillon SAL.I think I will be doing it.It's going to be fairly big!
I do have to get the 'garden' growing on the first Papillon Sal,but I should be starting that one soon.
We still have snow.No garden work for me yet.

Marian said...

Love Midge's new picture. And I'm still in shock over the chair. Just fantastic. OH, I think I may join the new Papillion SAL. Not that I need anything else to do.

Marian said...

Love Midge's new picture. And I'm still in shock over the chair. Just fantastic. OH, I think I may join the new Papillion SAL. Not that I need anything else to do.

Shari said...

everything looks wonderful Julie!!!!! Love them all!!!!! You do such beautiful work! Keep up the great work!!!

Karan said...

Your Pap summer garden is looking fabulous. Good progress on the SAL piece & I am so looking forward to watching your progress on the new start. :0)

Sally said...

Wow your Pap piece is looking so pretty Julie. I can't wait to see it finished. Don't think I'm going to join the new SAL as I haven't even done this one and I don't fancy another biggie if I'm honest!

Your new start is gorgeous and I'm so pleased you started it. Also love your LHN progress. I keep looking at mine and debating whether to start it. Maybe it'll be my next new start! Lol!

Clare - Aimetu said...

I love your Pap Julie, it really is going to be a stunning piece:)

jojo said...

Pap SAL is looking gorgeous, only a little bit left to do now.
A great start on Travelling Stitcher, love your fabby choice :)

Julianne said...

Julie,

Your SAL looks lovely. I like the spring colors that you chose for it.

I hope you are having a good week.

Mary Ann said...

Your stitching is so pretty--I love them all! And, the Peacock Stitching Chair is amazing!!

Stitchingranny said...

Lots of lovely wips there Julie. I am only just passed the middle (cannot remember what part no) on the papillon but could not resist paying my £1 to join the new one which I downloaded today.