All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 22 March 2009

Mothering Sunday


This year was a very special Mothers Day here for me. My son actually celebrated his 24th Brithday today too. I received the lovely flowers above together with Peter Rabbit and the flopsy bunnies to go into my garden from my dear daughter and her partner. She also bought me this wonderful candle, the smell is gorgeous. My son bought me the book by a local author and has arranged for one of his friends who is studying beauty therapy to come over this week to give me a manicure and a facial, i cant wait for that.

I hope all the UK ladies had a wonderful day however you celebrated. We had a lovely family Sunday roast with my mum here too. I cooked and DH, DD and her partner did the dishes afterwards. We had a fun family time with Birthday cake and singing of the obligatory 'Happy Birthday' for afternoon tea.

My thoughts wandered during the day to those i know who have angel mums as we remembered my MIL, and also with other mums like me who have angel children. Much love and {{hugs}} to you ladies.

12 comments:

Daffycat said...

Happy Mother's Day, Julie!

Shellie said...

happy mothers Day Julie sounds like you had a fab day.
And a very lovely sentiment at the end of this post too

Marian said...

Happy Mother's Day, Julie.

Karen said...

Lovely gifts and flowers , hope you had a nice day, Happy Birthday to A

Christine said...

Sounds like a great day. Your flowers are beautiful

Sally said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day Julie:)

brokenfairy said...

Happy birthday to your son!! Gorgeous flowers and gifts!!
(Hugs)

Shari said...

Happy Mother's Day a day late. It sounds & looks like you had a wonderful day. Every mom deserves the best on Mother's Day!!!

Lori-Ann said...

Celebrations all around! Glad it was a good time. Great presents! :o)

Mylene said...

Lovely flowers and gifts.

Belated happy mother's day!!

Ranae said...

I hope you and your son had a fantastic day.

Karan said...

Sounds like you had a great day Julie - lovely gifts. :0)
Belated (((((((((hugs))))))))) back.