All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Papillon SAL completed

At last, the plan i had for my stitching this weekend actually happened, not very often i say that! This weekend i finally finished Part 12 of the Papillon Creations SAL 'How Does Your Garden Grow' DH has decided he really likes this one so we will be keeping it, bless the dear man and there was me thinking he wouldn't like it as it was so bright.

I paid £1 for the new one and have received Part 1, although i think i'll wait and see a few in the gallery before i decide on colours to get an idea of how others look.

The card i made for DS's Birthday. His present this year was an actual VERY OLD landrover vehicle the same as this, although it has more holes in it than a tea strainer and needs a lot of work done to it, and most people would have had it crushed!! For the past 7 years he has been on a mechanics full apprenticeship so the repairs should be a doddle to him and it should soon be on the road. I couldn't find a chart, but a friend found one in an old mag and DH made a few alterations so that it looked the same, a true family effort :-)

I've also done a bit on the Travelling Stitcher, but i'll save a pic of that for next time. Tuesday again and Mr Stick is out and about looking for his UFO ladies. Happy and frog-free stitching to you all.

23 comments:

Gaynor said...

That is pretty imprssive...wel done on your finish!

brokenfairy said...

Oh well done on the Finish, so when shall I post you mine to finish...LOL OJ It looks fab!!
Yes I have the new one not sure about the colours yet though!
Wonderful card great family effort!
I will try and stitch tonight ,but it may not be much I'm afraid as I have a pain in the neck, literally!!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations Julie, it is beautiful. Love the colors

Stitchingranny said...

Congratulations on finishing this. Mine is still only half way though I did sucumb and enroll for the new one which is now printed off and waiting lol.

Lynn said...

Hoping this post actually makes it this time! lol

I love your finish, the colours are gorgeous! and well done on the family effort on the card, it's lovely :)

Loretta said...

Congratulations on finishing the Papillon SAL. It's beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Ginnie said...

It does look beautiful, such lovely colours. Great card too.

Sally said...

Congratulations on your finish Julie. It is beautiful:) I wasn't going to bother with the new SAL but then I saw the screenshot for the first part and love it so decided I'd get it. Not sure yet whether I'll stitch the whole thing so may well wait and see what part two looks like before I decide.

Love the card.

sofietjes borduurwerkjes said...

that sal is marvelesse.
i like it very much.
I hope you come and visit my blog to sometimes.
Greetings sofie

tintocktap said...

Well done on your finish - your garden looks lovely! And as you noticed, you're just in time to start the new one! LOL

wendy said...

love that sampler! card is neat too!

Christine said...

Well done on your finish. I love the bright colours on this

Lisa said...

a beautiful finish on DDYGG, I love your choice of bright colours

I have bought the 1st part in both versions, I have put a few colour together but i'm still undecided

Annette said...

What a lovely SAl.
You did a nic job.

Greeting Annette

Clare - Aimetu said...

Julie - it's beautiful, well done.

I love the card too :)

Daffycat said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish, Julie! ***happy dance***

The landrover is a hoot! Be sure to show us pictures when DS finishes fixing up the real thing!

Maddy*Moo said...

Your Papillon SAL looks fab! Can't wait to see the new one.

mollycaff said...

Love your Papillon SAL! I've paid the £1 for the new one but will wait and see a little bit more of it before deciding whether to stitch it or not.

Hazel said...

Brilliant finish Julie. I love the colours you have used for the Pap SAL. I take it you will be doing Castles in the Air? xx

staci said...

Congrats on your Pap finish...it's stunning!!!

Mylene said...

Papillon SAL looks beautiful. Congrats on the finish.

Cute card for DS.

Karan said...

Papillon looks like a gorgeous Summer garden - a stunner! Great card. Sounds like your DS is going to be kept busy & out of mischief for a while. LOL :0)

Maddy*Moo said...

your SAL looks fantastic! gorgeous colours too! well done on your finish!