All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 7 February 2009

Monthly Ornament

LHN Snow Bunnies was my choice for Februarys Christmas ornie.

Another one that has been on the 'must stitch' list since i received the 2007 issue of JCS ornaments. The fabric is 32ct but i have absolutely no idea the name of it, although i do have a fairly large bit left for another project. Threads are anchor this time, i have a small collection of these and have decided to use them up on smaller projects and save the DMC for bigger stuff (credit crunch saving). The bunnies are supposed to be white but i wanted to be able to see them clearer and it had stopped snowing when i stitched them so i chose a subtle grey instead. OMG i've just spotted a mistake in it.... i bet it jumps right out at you too, oh well too late now LOL

The monthly challenge project is all printed off and threads chosen, and i also have a new start that i put a few stitches into this morning, there's not a lot to show yet so no pic for you. Its a smallish one (73x73) so you may only get a finished pic if i cant stop stitching it. I know, i can hear you all tutting and shaking your heads, i should be getting to grips with the PAP SAL this weekend, but i'm not in the mood to concentrate on that today.

Our local weatherman is predicting temperatures of -10 tonight, now that is cold. We still have snow on the ground where the little sunshine we've had today hasn't been warm enough to melt it. hope you all have a good weekend and stay warm and cosy. I'm off to make a nice cuppa and sit in front of the roaring fire DH just made for us.

16 comments:

Daffycat said...

Julie, it's beautiful and your finishing is astounding. I would not have spotted the mistake if I hadn't known it was there. I adore the grey bunnies.

Christine said...

Thats lovely Julie, and I can't see the error

Clare - Aimetu said...

I love it Julie - and I can't spot the mistake even with my glasses on.

Julianne said...

Julie,

What error are you speaking of? It is simply lovely!

Enjoy your cosy fire. Hugs to you!

Rachael said...

Fabulous ornie,and it is great that you have personalised it with Grey bunnies, Enjoy your cosy cuppa ,I am going to settle in front of the fire(not too close) with my stitching to watch Casualty in a bit

Mylene said...

I've stitched this one last year and been looking at it closely but i can't see the error you mentioned.
It looks great to me.

Ginnie said...

Pretty ornament..... mistake? where?
Keep warm tonight!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautifully stitched and finished!

Karen said...

lovely finish Julie

Ruth Rachel Vendsel said...

Very sweet; I love this ornie and what to make it, too! Nice job finishing also :)

wendy said...

beautiful!

icelandmom said...

Again a beautiful ornament that you've made Julie. Hope it's not too cold over there. I can just imagine you and you DH in front of the fire with your drinks. :-) Nice and comfy. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Gaynor said...

That is a lovely finish. I know what you mean about the cold as well..the sooner my thermals get here the better lol

Lori-Ann said...

Very cute ornie! Hope you enjoyed the fire.

Karan said...

Gorgeous ornie Julie. It's not an error but a personalisation - though whatever it's called I can't see it. :0)

Stitchingranny said...

Another one here who cannot see the mistake. Its very pretty and I like grey bunnies.