All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 26 February 2009

Blue and more blue ...

An old school friend of over 35 years is going to be a granny for the first time early next month (or sooner if the little boy can't wait!) She isn't a crafter and loves to receive handmade stuff. This lovely design popped into my head when i was thinking what to stitch and i thought it would be perfect. It's photographed on the book the chart came from, a great book and i've stitched quite a few of the designs in it. The square aperture card i know is in my stash seems to have hidden itself so i frayed the edges and added the little white bow. I just need to finish off the little cardigan that i am knitting to go with it.

Lots of great progress over at the Beatrix Potter SAL blog. I've just been over and posted a progress pic for February, its fun to put up a before and after pic and see just how much you have achieved in a month. This is my first big Quaker project and i'm loving how it's growing. I think it might just be finished before the 12 months are up :-)

Love and {hugs}

21 comments:

Karen said...

great card I am sure she will love it, BP is coming along

Ginnie said...

That's a lovely card, I think I have seen that book in the shops and thought it looked good.

Gaynor said...

The card is fantastic and I love the colours in the BP...very restful.

Sew Wilde said...

The card is beautiful! Where did you get the book?

Rachael said...

Superb card I bet she'll love it!! And great progress on BPQ I didn't do much this month!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful Julie,
Great progress on your BP. I have a ways to go to catch up with you.

Shari said...

what an adorable card!!! How sweet!!! Little boys are such a blessing!!!
And your Quaker looks great!!!!! Keep it up!!! Can't wait til I can work on mine again!!!!

Lori-Ann said...

I wouldn't be surprised a bit if BP was finished before 12 months.

What a pretty baby card. She should love it.

Karan said...

Oh the card is so sweet - lucky recipients. BP is looking gorgeous - love watching this develop. :0)

Clare - Aimetu said...

Perfect card Julie, BP is looking good.

Christine said...

Great progress on BP. The baby boy card is lovely

:: wee bird :: said...

your sampler is looking great..I really should be working on mine,haven't touched it in I don't know how long

Lynn said...

Oh the card is so cute, well done I'm sure she'll love recieving it!

Great progress on the quaker, it's lovely

wendy said...

so cute!

Shellie said...

Great choice hun I have that book and have stitched that baby as well , I now need 4 more baby boy card as my cousin has just had her baby boy this morning so I need new baby new grandparents x 2 and a new Auntie for my fav cousin the mummys sister
Happy Stitching Shellie
ps BP looking fab too

Sally said...

That is such a sweet card Julie.

Fantastic progress on BP. I'm really enjoying it although I'm scared to death I make a mistake! LOL!

Dani - tkdchick said...

That card is just adorable! Beatrix Potter is looking oh so pretty.

mollycaff said...

Such a lovely card, and BP is looking great!

Mylene said...

A beautiful card, i am sure they will love it. BP update is looking great.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Sheilasembroidery said...

Love the frayed edges on your card it's beautiful

Stephie said...

We have the same book, lol, beautiful stitching Julie, hugs, x