All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Friday, 23 January 2009

Where did this week go to?

One of those weeks that passes you by, when i've not been sleeping or resting i've been reading a little and stitching only a little.

Santa brought me a few new books, 2 of them were the same, one in paperback and the other hardback. Lynda Page is a local lady author who writes novels about the city i live in so its nice to know the places she is talking about. The hardback one was a bit special though she has written inside it just for me. The paperback one is from my son and that is also signed inside by the author when she was at a local book signing and he managed to get a copy!!


Hopefully this weekend will be a bit more productive on the stitching front, the weather is supposed to be rain, rain, rain yet again, so a good excuse to stay inside and settle in front of the TV.

Hope you all have a great weekend

14 comments:

Maren said...

Every time I see these Quaker patterns, my fingers itch to get one started! That is just beautiful!

Karen said...

it's always fun to get a signed copy , stitching whats stitching LOL

mollycaff said...

Happy reading Julie. We have a local author, Iris Gower, I love reading her books and trying to work out which bit of the city she's talking about.

Rachael said...

How wonderful!!
Hope you are feeling a better?

Stephie said...

I'm reading The Sooner The Better, Lynda Page. I think shes a great writer. Its nice to picture the places you know in different era's in each book. I'm thinking of parting with my collection of Lynda Page Books! So that others can enjoy them. I'm not one to re-read any of them, so they are being wasted sitting on the shelf collecting dust. x

Christine said...

It is fun trying to spot places you know in books isn't it? Hope you manage to get some stitching in this weekend

staci said...

I've been wondering where this week went too ;)

Mylene said...

Enjoy your reading, Julie. Lynda Page books sounds great, but i've never encounter her books here yet.
I've just finished one of Erica James, i like her bu she doesn't have that many. Quite a pity.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a cool and thoughtful gift!

Clare - Aimetu said...

The week certainly did whizz by, great books, lucky lady to have them signed just for you.

Stitchingranny said...

What lovely gifts and I am sure you will treasure them both for different reasons.

Karan said...

Another author to look out for - my list just keeps on getting longer. LOL
Hope you feel much better soon Julie (((((((((hugs))))))))).

Sally said...

How lovely to have signed books from a local author Julie. Enjoy:)

:: wee bird :: said...

oh aren't you lucky! I love Lyndia page books and also Maureen Lee,Lyn Andrews,Maeve Binchy and Annie Murray.
any that have to do with the Merseyside.
I bet you watch Corrie too :D