All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 26 January 2009

A reveal and a WIP

January's challenge was any free chart from Papillon Creations.

A friend has a birthday next month so i chose to use Tiny Quaker and make this wardrobe pomander biscornu for her. Thread is Anchor 1360 and i've wanted to use it for a while now so this was the ideal project. It's filled with the scent of Champange and roses and smells wonderful. Lots of different designs and finishes in the album this month.


Beatrix Potter Quaker is my first big quaker project and i'd already stitched on it for this months SAL, but couldn't resist getting it out again. It's so lovely to stitch on with only being one colour and it seems to grow very quickly even though its 1x1 on 25ct.

What did you all get up to over the weekend? I better go look at blogs and see what excitements been happening in your part of the world ....

17 comments:

Lori-Ann said...

That Bisc. reminds me so much of Spring. Have fun reading.

Karan said...

You sound much better. :0)
Pomander is so pretty - would be a shame to hide it in a wardrobe. Keep those BP pics coming - love this one. :0)

Anonymous said...

Lovely colours you have chosen Julie x

Stephie said...

Sorry Julie last one was me!!!!

Bonnie said...

Love that biscornu, it looks like a birthday party.

Your Beatrix Potter is pretty, you are a little ahead of me, I am going to have to catch up.

Shellie said...

Such a sweet biscornu Ive never made one but they so pretty
Love you Quaker SAL its sooo pretty too oh think pretty my fav word lol
Happy Stitching
Hugs Shellie

Hazel said...

BP looks great! That TW whitework ornie is sooo quick to do. It only took me an evening or two at the most. xx

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a neat little finish! Well done!

Your Beatrix Potter piece looks fantastic!

Always smiling said...

Hey Julie,

The biscornu is lovely and scented? Nice idea... and the BP sal is coming along well, I had a hicup with mine and have left it to catch up on a few exchanges but I must get going on it.
Chris x

Christine said...

Still loving that ribbon tassel ;)
Great progress on BP

Sally said...

I love the biscornu/pomander. What a wonderful idea and it's so pretty.

Your BP looks lovely. You're a bit ahead of me as I stitched the outline for the flower motif last night.

Hope you're feeling better.

Jenn said...

The biscrnu is so cheery!! Such a pretty finish! Your sampler is coming along nicely! I love seeing your progress pics!!

Maren said...

Those colors are just perfect. I love the BP design!

staci said...

Now that is a Really clever idea~~a biscornu pomander!! Love the cheerful colors :)

Mylene said...

Your biscornu looks lovely. The BP is coming along great.
Hope you are having a good week.

Marian said...

Surprise, surprise! Check my blog, Julie.

Ranae said...

The biscornu is so sweet.
BPQ is coming along quite fabulous.