All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 18 January 2009

Stitch Alongs ...

Quite a bit of stitching achieved here this week, the January challenge is complete but no reveal of this one till next weekend when the album will be open for us all to admire each others work. This month the choice was any design from Papillon Creations freebies, a tough choice which one to do, but i am pleased with the finished result.

Here's my first WIP pic of the Beatrix Potter Quaker SAL. I started this Friday evening, then spent a lovely afternoon yesterday when everyone was out stitching away. Just to make it more exciting i watched Miss Potter at the same time and got lots achieved. I decided to stitch it 1x1 and even then the finished size will be approx 12"x10" Fabric i finally chose is 25ct laguna in potato (i liked the flecks in it), thread choice is Carries Creations in Wedgewood. There are 100 ladies on the SAL blog joining in with this. Thank you Hazel for allowing me to join you all.

Earlier in the week i did my evening on The Tea Room, the SAL with Karen. My winter tree has now grown and i added the street lamp as i am having to put the light on here in the day to see anything and we cant possibly drink tea in the dark can we! 2 tubs with plants and the leaves need to emerge and also a bit of greenery under the words still to do before i have a happy dance wth this one.

Weatherwise, its been really horrid here. We've had gale force winds and lashing rain, wellington boots are needed if i go into the shed as we are under water in there, guess where by boots are... no, not in the shed, they're at the allotment LOL

Happy Stitching

21 comments:

Karen said...

looks like you have done a lot of stitching they look great

mollycaff said...

Lovely stitching, I wish I was around when the Beatrix Potter SAL was starting up, I'm seeing it everywhere and like it more and more each time.

Gaynor said...

I love the colours you are using. I would have like the BP SAL but didnt know if I would be able to keep up lol.

brokenfairy said...

Oh some lovely stitching Julie, I might do a bit on my BPQ ,will have to see how I feel.

Shellie said...

Great work Julie its looking fab wish i'd done as much on my SAL!!

Daffycat said...

Your stitching looks great, Julie! Tea Room is so darling!

I still haven't gotten to see Miss Potter yet...

Ginnie said...

Lots of lovely stitching - You BP looks a lovely colour. Think we didn't fair too badly with the rain/wind - it's been ok today.

-missy- said...

Great stitching, as always!! I love the colors your using in your BP SAL.

Lori-Ann said...

Stitching at a good pace I'd say.

Hope you find your boots!

staci said...

All of your stitching looks wonderful!

Marian said...

1X1- you are brave! My old eyes couldn't take it. I'd love to see the fabby up close. Bet it's gorgeous. I'm making a little progress-the Loose Feathers box has me going right now.

Mylene said...

Beatrix Potter SAL is coming along great.

Tea room finished looks wonderful.

Have a nice week.

Christine said...

Fantastic progress on the BP, especially since it is over 1. The tea room looks very inviting too

Sally said...

Wow you have got loads done on your BP! You've got further than me! LOL!

Your Tea Room is lovely. It's more and more inviting with every update.

Shari said...

BP & tea room BOTH LOOK GREAT!!!! You are doing a wonderful job on them both

Julianne said...

Julie,

Your Beatrix Potter is looking lovely. I like the color that you are using.

icelandmom said...

Your BP is looking good, you got quite a lot done. Love the Tea Room. Hope the weather will get better soon. Hope you have a lovely day.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great progress on both of your SAL pieces! I look forward to your immenent HD!!

Elisa said...

BP is looking good, I am enjoying stitching it too.
I LOVE tea room...so cute

Karan said...

Ooo love the colours on your BP SAL - will enjoy watching it develop. TR is growing very quickly - belly dancing CD's are at the ready. LOL :0)

Stitchingranny said...

Lovely wips Julie. Love the colour of the quaker and the tea room is progressing well. You will soon be happy dancing.