All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 4 January 2009

It's stitched!

I really wanted to get this one finished in 2008 but it just didn't happen.

I had told myself i wont be able to start the Beatrix Potter SAL until this was stitched and the PAP SAL finished. I put the last stitch into The Peacock Chair today, i just need to read thoroughly through the instructions on how to make it up and hope that i dont make a mess of it. Not sure i will be able to wait till the PAP is stitched though, lots of ladies are showing WIP pics and i am keen to put the first stitch in.

We're experiencing some really cold weather here in the UK and they are predicting it to be worse for the next few days, i cant remember it this cold for a long time.

Hedwig (our pet name for Mr Moe as he really does look like an owl when sitting in our pear tree!) can be found staring up the chimney! Do you think he's wondering where he can get his hands on some 'floo powder' so he can transport himself to somewhere nice and warm and be pampered? I'm not sure he'll want to end up in Diagon Alley though, he might find some undesireables there...

Sunday today and that should mean an update of the CCN SAL with Karen. Sorry but no pic today as i'm planning to stitch this weeks night this evening.

Hope you all had a nice weekend and that the UK ladies are keeping warm and cosy.

14 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the cat's pose watching the fire.

Love the colors you used on the Peacock chair. cant wait to see it all put together :o)

brokenfairy said...

Wonderful that you managed to get the last stitches in, can't wait to see it all together.
Oh boy ,I am glad we have our heating back now,if it's to get colder!
I will look forward to seeing your progress on the sal with Karen!

Daffycat said...

I love that photo of "Hedwig" ROFL

Congratulations on finishing stitching...now for the scary part ~ scary for me anyway!!! I'm looking forward to seeing it completed!

Ginnie said...

Glad you managed to finish your chair... now the fun begins. Yep it is mighty cold here!! thank goodness for warm socks!

Christine said...

Cats always seem to find the warmest spot don't they?
Well done on finishing the stitching on Peacock Chair

staci said...

Oh, we have a Dobby, LOL ;) Except ours is a dog. Hmmm, I could really use a house elf though...I hear they're dead useful!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on getting the stitching on your Peacock Chair finished. I'm sure it'll be fantastic when you put it together. Just take your time and make sure you're not tired when you do it.

Ranae said...

I am good at cutting things, lol.
I cant wait to see it finished, take your time.

Lynn said...

Well done on getting the stitching finished, just take one step at a time, and wait for the glue to dry thoroughly before moving on to the next step. If you get stuck just give me a shout. YOU CAN DO IT!!! LOL

Karen said...

he looks quite happy hogging the heat lol
I can't wait to see the chair finished

Sally said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the chair made up Julie. It looks so pretty.

Mr Moe looks rather happy there staring at the fire:)

It is definitely staying by the fire weather although DH and I have decided to get out walking after our evening meal to try and get fit and lose a bit of weight! He'll be moaning this evening I bet! LOL!

Clare - Aimetu said...

Well done on the finish - love the cat pose :)

Good luck with the SAL

Marian said...

Too cute photo of Mr.Moe. I'm so glad he's better.

Sorry about your weather. It's been ranging between 70-80 degrees F. here.

Mylene said...

Congrat's on finishing the Peacock Chair. Looking forward to see it completed.