All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 11 January 2009

Blogoversary and Birthday Gift

I can reveal the blogoversary gift i stitched for Shellie now i know Royal Mail delivered it safely. I asked if there was anything she would like, a return email said fob or something stitching related, fave colour purple. Stitched 1 over 1 is the design by Mary Garry called She Who Sews. Fabric is an unknown piece of 28ct evenwave in a lilac colour and the threads/twisted cord edge are DMC.

A keen eye spotted another pair of naked scissors at the stitching club so another of the ladies will be getting a fob for her birthday soon. Fabric for this one was a small oddment from Polstitches Designs Dragon Shades range called Mellow Moments. I wanted a nice bright thread on this and chose Vicki Clayton silk in Ocean. The design again i made up after stitching the 22 stitch backstitch edge.

Sunday again and that means an update of the Tea Room SAL with Karen. I decided if we were to have a cup of tea we wouldn't be able to sit on the grass under the tree so i better stitch in the seat first LOL

It's been really cold here this weekend and we had visitors for lunch Saturday and Sunday too, but when i wasn't chatting/eating i could be found camped out by the fire and stitched quite a bit. The Christmas monthly ornament is stitched and finished so i'll take a picture of that maybe tomorrow. Still not made up the Peacock Chair or started the BP Quaker, just not in the mood for either and felt more at home with the smaller projects this weekend. I hope you all had a good weekend too.

20 comments:

Stephie said...

Once again Julie, you make such beautiful gifts, Stephie x

Karen said...

very nice gifts, your tea room is coming along well

Jenn said...

What cute little gifts! Very lucky ladies, indeed.

Tea room is coming along nicely!

Lizzy said...

Oh, what lovely fobs, Julie! Beautifully stitched and finished as always! :-)

Tea Room is coming along beautifully... I really want to stitch this one as well! I suppose I need to place an order with my LNS. ;-)

I haven't started my BP Quaker as yet either... I wanted to finish a couple of wee things first... I imagine I'll get to it later in the week!

I love the photo of Mr Moe... aka Hedwig! It's just precious! Did he ever find any 'floo powder'? :-)

I so enjoyed my visit with you... As always... such lovely stitched and finished handworke to gaze upon... Stay cosy and Wishing you a Blessed and Joyful, Stitchy New Year!

Ranae said...

Fabulous FOB gifts.
I have a pair of naked scissors too, jk.
You have o be in the mood to put that chair together. I thought about you when I was stitching Voodoo doll.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a beautiful pair of scissor fobs!

Great progress on your SAL piece.

Christine said...

Lovely fobs! You are quite right about the tea room, it is definitely not the time of year for sitting on the grass ;)

brokenfairy said...

What superb scissor fobs!!
and yes you have to have somewhere to sit whilst drinking your Tea...Looks fab!!

Shellie said...

Wo no more naked scissors lol
Thanx Julie I love my gift as you can tell from my blog post
Happy Stitching
Shellie

Sally said...

Oooh lovely fobs Julie. I love the Mary Garry one.

Tea Room is looking lovely. I think in this weather we might need an outdoor heater if we're going to sit on the seat! LOL!

Take care {{{{hugs}}}}

Ginnie said...

Lovely scissor fobs... And Tea room is coming along really well.

tintocktap said...

Love the fobs you've been stitching! My scissors these days have crocheted fobs, but one pair is still naked. And I have fobs on my to do list for 2009!

Hazel said...

Lovely gifties! I am freezing here too! I haven't even started on a Christmas ornie yet but I have made a start on BP but will try and do a bit more before I post up a pic. x

Shari said...

everything looks great Julie.
I must be in the same mood as you! I want to stitch small stuff too, but I have to keep plugging on this model!

Daffycat said...

Gorgeous fobs! The tea room is really coming along nicely!

becca said...

What lovely gifts. Very lucky ladies.
Tea room looks great!

staci said...

Really gorgeous fobs! And your stitching on Tea Room is very pretty as well!

Lori-Ann said...

Nice fobs. You must be nearly finished the Tea Room, it looks like alot is stitched up there.

Maddy*Moo said...

Lovely little scissor fobs! I've just joined a scissor fob exchange on a crafty natter and can't wait to start! I hope they turn out as beautiful as yours!

Karan said...

lovely little fobs & the Tea Room is coming on well. :0)