All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 3 November 2008

Did you miss me?

Such a nice man came to the door today and returned my laptop, it should be all fixed and good as new he said, i could have kissed him! Time to try it out and check everything is as it should be...

I received a lovely surprise gift from Sally in the post last week. I'd sent her some of my favourite Twinnings Lady Grey tea to try as its a bit expensive to buy and a waste of money if you dont like it. As a thank you she's stitched me this cute and so apt design.
Thank you Sally for your kindness, it was a really nice surprise when i wasn't about much on here.


Stitching - a couple of small things whilst i was away. Karen loves penguins and liked the one on the Waxing Moon so i made and sent her a floss tag with him on. I also got another Christmas gift stitched, the design is from a 10 year old World of Cross Stitching mag and stitched 1x1. Sorry the pics a bit blurred and you can see the reflection, this was the best out of the 10 i took.

Reading - finished the scarey book which i thoroughly enjoyed and started a new one. This one is by Kate Morton an Australian author and called The House at Riverton and seems to be a good read so far.

No prizes for guessing what these are .... yes they are bunny bits ... DS has asked if i will make a bunny family for his friends little girl for Christmas. What's a mum supposed to do? DH said the MIWC (men in white coats) will be after me if i knit anymore and give them names, i must admit i have enjoyed knitting them LOL

Removal persons! - We've had a really busy weekend but Amy is now all moved into her little house and settled in. It's a cosy little place and i hope both her and David will be very happy there. Thank you Karen for thinking of them and sending the card and planter, they were so thrilled with them, i'll take a pic if it next time i'm there.

Winner of the Warm Winter Wishes chart is - SRINITY
Please can you email me your address through the profile here and i'll get it in the post to you.

Now for me to catch up on blog reading and MB's, i better make myself a cuppa first though, i expect i'll be here for some time.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.
I have missed your blogging!
Did not notice any green knitting.
Cheers FI

Karen said...

sounds like a busy weekend

Daffycat said...

Lady Grey is my mostest favoritests tea ever. I hope Sally enjoys it. I usually place an "order" with a UK friend when I start running low as that is my favorite brand too. The ones we get in the States are NOT the same!

Your stitchy gifts are so nice!

Ranae said...

Sally always does a superb job. The penguin FT is cute.
I just knew those bunnies would start multiplying again, lol.

Mylene said...

Good to see you back.
That's a lovely gift from Sally and your penguin tag is sooo cute.

Jenn said...

I have missed you!

A whole bunny family!!?? Wow, I can't wait to see them finished!

Your gifts are lovely. I wish I had something to show!

Happy housewarming to DD and David!!

just-missy- said...

Welcome back. I too have been gone far too long!! My puter has been in and out of hospital for over a month now and still no absolute diagnosis!! Scarey!!!

Great finishes. Don't you think Floss tage are addictive?

Lady Grey is what I start everyday with. I think I'm the only one in my family who likes it. I buy mine at a great little Coffee/Tea house. :)

hugs

Srinity said...

Wow, you're knitting more bunnies. I can't wait to see them finished. The little girl will be over the moon!

And I am too! Thank you for having the draw. I can't believe I got it (I have never won anything before in blog draws)! I'll stitch it as soon as it arrives.

Always smiling said...

Hi

Just found your blog through Claires; beautiful little christmas ornie and such so neat a finish.

Chris

Christine said...

Welcome back :)
Lovely stitched gift from Sally. The girls and I have just "discovered" a spiced tea blend called "Chai Mumbai" from Ringtons, and it is rapidly becoming our new favourite.

Love the penguin tag too.
To paraphrase W&G those bunnies are breeding like, well, bunnies

Elisa said...

Nice to see you back....some lovely stitchy pictures to look at too...

brokenfairy said...

So glad you got your laptop back!!
LOL @ your DH, they just don't understand,Cute penguin and pot,and what a lovely gift from sally!

Clare - Aimetu said...

Welcome back - yes you were missed :)

Glad the moving went ok.

Julianne said...

Julie,

Yes, I've missed you! I was wondering what was keeping you away. I'm glad that you're back.

Your little gift (sent and received) are great. I hope the ornament that I sent yesterday will reach you quickly. It was made with many good thoughts and wishes:)

Hugs,

Julianne

Sally said...

Welcome back Julie. I missed you:)

You are welcome for your little gift. I enjoyed stitching it for you. Jess and I are still enjoying a cup of Lady Grey every day:)

Cute floss tag you sent Karen and the Christmas gift is lovely.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a nice little thank you gift! Lovely pieces you've stitched up.

Shari said...

yes, Julie, I missed you!!! My computer was down too, so I am way behind as well. It feels so good to have it back up & running!!!

Karan said...

Yay, more bunnies to come! LOL Love the floss tag - so cute - & the trinket is real pretty. Nice gift from Sally too.
Hope you're adjusting OK after Amy moved out (((((hugs))))).

Maddy*Moo said...

Lovely little pressies! So sweet!