All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 11 October 2008

The new start ...

Good progress at the stitchy club and a bit more since, the words and snowflakes are complete on Warm Winter Wishes by Waxing Moon. Here's where i got to and the finished design for those who haven't seen it before. Paula kindly sent me the chart after she stitched it and i intend to hold a competiton to pass it on to someone else when i complete it.

It does make me smile, DH's dad used to stand in front of their fire and warm himself like this! Fabric i chose is a hand dyed with no label from a grab bag i bought at Polstitches Designs. Threads - it does ask for Gentle Art but i have very few of these so decided to opt for the DMC alternative it lists. You can also add snowflake buttons instead of stitching some if you wish, but i decided i liked them all stitched.

I've also made a start on a Christmas ornament for a private exchange with another blogger, post out date is early November so i'll be able to show you that soon. BUT ... i've still not received word that my halloween exchange has arrived, i hope so as it was posted a while ago so no reveal of that just yet, sorry.
The sun is shining here although there is a nip in the air and the weatherman said it was here to stay for the whole weekend, how lovely. I hope you all have a lovely weekend whatever your plans.

17 comments:

Daffycat said...

Super cute start! I like that design!

david santos said...

Great! Nice cards. I love it!
Nice weekend.

Ranae said...

Nice start on WWW. It's so fun to stitch. I finished mine this summer. I stitched all the snowflakes too. I couldn't find any buttons I liked.

Paula said...

Warm Winter Wishes is growing Julie, it's a lovely chart. I loved stitching it.....
I bought my buttons with the chart but it looks lovely without the buttons too.

Hope you have a lovely weekend...happy stitching....hugs

Shari said...

wonderful start!!! This chart is so adorable! Your fabric choice is great! Now, it makes me want to pull that one out! I have it somewhere!

Jenn said...

What a sweet chart! You have made great headway on it!

Fall and winter stitching is my favourite!

Irishenchantment said...

hi julie a very nice start there i love it! will definately be watching out for the compatition!

Lori-Ann said...

Great pattern. I think you chose well to stitch the snowflakes.
Everytime I try to squeeze stitching into my day, it back fires. Now my doggie is sick . Good grief!

Stitcher said...

This is a great start, I love this one.

Karan said...

Love the new start. Must be something in the air as my new WIP is snowmen based too. LOL
Sorry Julie - my CC is currently in hiding. Nice try though. LMAO :0)

Clare - Aimetu said...

That is certainly a perfect winter saying and I can remember warming myself like that on my dad's coal fire :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great new start! that must be really fun to stitch!

Srinity said...

Cute design. I'll surely be there when you deside to have the draw. I have snowflake shaped brads I could use for it. :)

Christine said...

Thats lovely Julie, my Dad used to do that too ;)

Sally said...

Lovely new start Julie. I really like this one and stitched it myself a few years ago. My Mum used to warm herself in front of the fire like that which is one reason why I love it so much.

Stitchingranny said...

He is really delightful Julie

Mylene said...

The start on Warm Winter Wishes is looking great, Julie.