All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 18 October 2008

It's Saturday...

and there's a distinct chilly nip in the air outside today. Mr Snowman has the right idea, warming himself next to the fire i built him this morning. I just need to stitch him his friend now.

I've had a productive week, the exchange ornament for Julianne is now all finished and in plenty of time for posting out first week in November. I've been knitting as well (can't show you that as its a surprise!) and i started the monthly challenge piece for JA. This month we've been given the choice of breast cancer freebies as October is breast awareness month but no reveal of that till end of the month as usual.

I've been reading this book that Karen sent to me. It came with a warning not to read it in the dark on my own .... apparently it gets really scarey ... so far i'm loving it and not a hint of gooosebumps!

Tonight it's Strictly Come Dancing again, and this week will be exciting as all 12 celebs dance. No stitching though, how can i concentrate with those hunky male celebs wiggling about. Knitting will be coming out i think, i can just about keep one eye on the TV and the other on the knitting pins LOL

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by, i do waffle on sometimes .....

18 comments:

Karen said...

LOL it's only scarey for wuss's
I am looking forward to strictly I am not looking forward to work not long after lol
Love the snowman but need to see the penguin :O)

Shellie said...

Love the snowman that fire looks really cosy

Christine said...

Snowman looks so cosy!
Got my knitting all lined up for Strictly too ;)

Clare - Aimetu said...

Love the snowman and loved "stricly" tonight - all those moving hips oooohhhhhh

Ginnie said...

Snowman looking good. Loving Strictly too..... oh wish I could dance!!

Stitchingranny said...

oh i can't wait to see who his little companion will be.

Mylene said...

Update on snowman is looking good.

Shari said...

winter wishes is looking really good!!!! As cold as I was when we came in from our walk, I could have easily turned the fireplace on!!

Daffycat said...

Love the snowman! And that looks like a good book...I'll have to look it up!

Lori-Ann said...

We has frost on the lawn this morning, and condensation on the inside of the windows. Everyone is wearing flannel jammies. I won't turn up the thermostat quite yet.

I may have to make a bonfire in the back yard and warm up that way, LOL. ;o)

"Magnolia" said...

Aw, Julie, that snowman looks so warm and cozy! Great WIP so far.

Hope you enjoyed your hunky celebs last night!

Julianne said...

Hi Julie,

I've got your ornament stitched up. I really enjoyed stitching it for you.

I hope you have a terrific week.

Sally said...

Love the snowman Julie! He looks so warm and cosy!

Enjoy your book. If I hear a scream I'll know it's you!

becca said...

I love a scarey book! Might have to pick that book up this week.

snowman is looking great..If it keeps getting cold here at night I'll have to build us a fire. LOL

Karan said...

Snowman is looking great & the book looks a good one - enjoy!

Jenn said...

I love the snowman Julie! He is so cute!

Hazel said...

Such a cute snowman! Enjoy your scary book lol. xx

Lisa said...

love the snowman, im really loving strictly, love the outfits

sounds like a great book, never read a scary one, must try one!