All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 5 October 2008

Christmas stitching

My brother has a cute little Cavalier King Charles spaniel dog called 'Taz' and i usually send him a small treat in their Christmas stocking.

Forward planning and trying to be organised this year, i decided to make a little felt bag using the 'Woof Spoken Here' free chart from Stitchy Kitty which i stitched on 28ct mushroom evenweave. I'm hoping it will disguise the smell of the treat till the big day, and he doesn't rip the packaging till he gets the OK from his master LOL

No sign of this years JCS Ornament Issue yet, so i've spent a nice few hours browsing the older ones i have. Its been lovely, you do forget lots of the designs in there.
This little one is from the 2000 issue and is by Gentle Arts. I love the nordic blue jobelan its stitched on. A quick stitch/finish that i did whilst DH spent a very wet Sunday at home catching up with computer stuff on my laptop. Thank you for your good wishes for him, he's still in pain so i guess we'll be off to the dentist again this week or the hospital for the operation the dentist thought he might need to sort it out.

I hope you all had a nice weekend. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me comments, i do appreciate all the help, advice and encouragement you give.

15 comments:

Ginnie said...

I like the Woof Spoken stitching, I have seen that one too. I know our dog would smell out the treat before Christmas!

Ranae said...

Two cute finishes.
I hope you get your JCS magazine soon.
I do hope your DH gets feeling better, nothing is worst then a tooth ache.

Shari said...

both are adorable Julie! Thanks for the link for the stitchy kitty site. I will have to do woof for my dog & meow for my aunt!!! We always trade gifts at Christmas!

Elisa said...

Two gorgeous finishes Julie...I love robins :)
Hope you have a good week!!

brokenfairy said...

Adorable finishes!
Hope your DH isn't in too much pain for too long.

Christine said...

I love the little robin on the blue fabric.
I'm getting twitchy waiting for the ornament issue too

Shellie said...

WOOf is soooo cute nice finishes

Srinity said...

Woof spoken here bag is cute! :) I like the finishing.

Sally said...

I love the doggy treat bag Julie! What a unique idea. Also love the ornament. I'm getting a little impatient for the JCS ornie mag too now.

Hope your DH gets some relief soon.

becca said...

Love the dog bag. What a neat idea. And I need to get my older xmas magazines out and search for some ornaments to stitch this year.
Hope DH is feeling better soon.

Julianne said...

Julie,

What a cute little pouch for the pooch! The birdie ornament looks so pretty on that blue fabric.

I hope your DH finds relief from his pain very soon.

Karan said...

Great finishes Julie - I especially love the robin ornie. :0)
So hope your DH doesn't need an op & feels much better soon.

Lori-Ann said...

Oh, more nice stitches!!
It's hard to post finishes at this time of year, because no one wants to spoil a surprise. :o) I still like to read posts even if there isn't a progress picture.

Thanks for the link to Stitchy Kitty.

Karen said...

Hope MrP gets some comfort with his tooth
nice bag and orni I am sure they will be loved

Stitchingranny said...

Oh dear me sounds like your poor DH is having a rough time at the moment, and you are not faring that much better with all the noise.

The little bag and the ornament are both very pretty