All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 4 September 2008

A celebration in Leicester ...

Today was the opening ceremony of our brand new 350million pound Highcross Shopping Centre. There's a posh cinema, lots of restaurants and more shops than you can shake Mr Stick at LOL. It's taken 3 years to complete with lots of traffic disruptions and some archaeological problems. They found skeletons, lots of them when they dug the foundations so work had to stop for a while. There have been lots of celebrations today but i didn't attend, i don't do crowds so will wait till all the excitement dies down and i can browse round safely and comfortably. Wonder if there's a stitchy shop in there???

12 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh Julie, the story of the skeletons was facinating, but I don't think I'd be doing any shopping in the new John Lewis store, as it's over were they where found... and you don't know if they're happy to be found ??? lol

Shari said...

wow, that looks like a huge shopping area!!! Surely has to be a stitch shop!!!!

brokenfairy said...

If there is a stitchy shop ,I will be down!! We haven't one in the new Derby shopping centre,but with all the daft designers shops closing down(I knew they wouldn't last in Derby) we may get one!!If I had the money I would open one!!
I waited for the fuss to die down as well before visiting ours

tintocktap said...

Yay for John Lewis! I popped in yesterday to drool over the craft section! Don't know that there was much else to interest me, but it is a nice building inside and out.

Lori-Ann said...

Lucky you! Hope you find that stitchy shop you're hoping for.

I'm off for some shopping of my own this afternoon. Not supposed to be shopping for stitching, but you never know what may tempt me ;o) LOL

Julianne said...

Julie,

I hope you enjoy the new shopping center. Is it close to you?

I only really enjoy shopping when I go with my daughters. My older daughter helped me get several new outfits this past spring. She really helped me pick out things that look nice on me. It made shopping so much easier.

Christine said...

Wow, that looks impressive. Seems like Leicester has changed a lot since I used to live there

Sally said...

That looks huge Julie! Hope you find a stitchy shop in there. They're becoming few and far between.

Paula said...

Well Julie have you gone to the new shopping center yet?? And does it have a stitchy store??? Wish we had a stitchy store here.

How's the puddy cat Julie, how did he get on at the vets, any news??

Hugs and happy knitting and stitching.....

Karan said...

Wouldn't fancy being the security guards walking that place at night! LOL Hope they had the good sense to include a stitchy shop in there. :0)

"Magnolia" said...

Wow, maybe you should take along a walkie-talkie so you don't get lost. That place looks HUGE! But oh, what fun!

Clare - Aimetu said...

John Lewis - hurrah - we often go to Leicester on the train for shopping - the new shopping centre sounds great.