All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 10 August 2008

What a weekend ...

With all this talk of the Olympics, i think i thought i was competing in the 'finish it off' category this weekend LOL

Yesterday the weather was plenty of heavy rain and it was quite dark so i spent a good part of the morning reading and finish number 1 was a book i had been recommended by Barbara Erskine called 'Hiding from the Light'. It was a good read and i really enjoyed it even though it was a bit scarey in places. Looking through my own bookshelf i couldn't decide what to read next and decided a trip to the library was in order to see if they had any others by the same author. I notice they have a 'Use us or loose us' sign up, so i better make more use of them. The new one is called 'Kingdom of Shadows'.

In the afternoon, i stitched some more of Autumn, and this morning i had finish number 2. The colours in this one are gorgeous. I thought you might like to see how they are looking now i have 3 of the 4 completed. Please excuse the folds in the fabric as it needs pressing but i'll do that when they are all finished.

The JA monthly challenge piece was finish number 3 this afternoon, all stitched and ready to be made up. I think i've decided what to do with it, but of course that could all change when i sit down and start to make it up!!

A new start was called for i thought...
I found this little beauty hiding in my box, it scares me to think about putting it together but i have to stitch it first so maybe i'll pluck up some courage as i do that! It's a bit of a whacky project so i thought i would use some bright and funky fabric and thread, what do you think of these colours? - honest answers please - no offence taken LOL. I need to grid the fabric for all the pieces to be in the right place and make maximum use of the fabric but wasn't in the mood to do that boring bit this afternoon so it didn't get started but i did make another new start instead.... Elizabeth Designs 'Winter' was all kitted up and ready to go so that is now on the frame and i have an N stitched up, i am so looking forward to having all 4 of these stitched and framed.

The mini mystery item arrived from TS yesterday, this month its a toughie. I really need to get my thinking cap of for this one. Post out isn't till Aug 30th so i have some time to think about it. I wish i could show you it for your ideas LOL

The suns come out now, how typical now its late afternoon, DH is asking whats for tea, so i better sign off here and feed him before he faints from starvation...

Hope you all had a good weekend

17 comments:

brokenfairy said...

They all look great Julie!! I still have to stitch this months challenge piece,but at this rate I may have to miss out this month!I was looking for the Chair kits today but couldn't find one!! :0(
My TS mini hasn't arrived yet :0( hopefully tomorrow!!

Ginnie said...

What a busy bee you have been! I love Autumn, I am still tempted by this series myself. Looking forward to seeing Winter. I love your new start - the chair - I haven't seen one of these before. I think the colours will be great, nice and bright. Good luck on the "putting together" bit!!

Karen said...

they look super Julie, I love the colour floss for the chair

Daffycat said...

I love your seasons set so far; looking forward to winter!

Super new project you picked out...I want that one bad! Of course, anything to do with peacocks and I'm hooked...lol!

Srinity said...

Seasons look really good. I like the leaves on the border. That tiny chair is going to look great, the colours are absolutely crazy and fantastic! :)

Lisa said...

Congrats on your Autumn finish.
I LOVE the fabric and floss you've chosen for the chair, really fun!

Itching To Stitch said...

I love the "seasons" that you've finished. They look great. Are you going to frame them all?

Shari said...

you have had a busy weekend!!!! Your autumn piece looks wonderful! Can't wait to see what you do with all 4 of them!!!

Mylene said...

Your season's finishes are simply beautiful!!

Lori-Ann said...

Your rainbow chair will be very pretty.

Love those season designs. Well done. Wonder what frame you will choose.

Christina said...

Wow three finishes. Congrats to you! Autumn is very pretty. Good luck on your chair. That is too challenging for me.

I actually finished up my TS mini today! Sorry I can't show you. I know you will do a great job on yours.

Christine said...

You have been busy! I haven't even started the monthly challenge yet...
The seasons pieces are lovely. I expect you'll have stitched up "winter" before I can blink ;)

~Julie~ said...

"ooooh aaaaahhh" !! =) I really like your seasonal piece, it is quite lovely indeed.

As for the chair---you're a better woman than I. LOL! I don't have the umm... "courage" to try it, so I'm proud of you!!!! I adore those chairs, but they look above and beyond my 'finishing talents'.
:giggle:

I can't wait to see updates, and thank you for sharing with us!!

As for the books--I might just have to check those out!

~Julie~

tkdchick said...

Congratulations on your finish its lovely!

Jenn said...

Lovely finish, Julie!

I love that little chair. It is going to be adorable! I can't wait to see it finished!

Sally said...

Your Autumn finish looks lovely Julie. They all look fantastic together. I can't wait to see Winter now!

Looking forward to seeing your progress on the chair too. I daren't tackle anything like that!

"Magnolia" said...

Gorgeous finishes as usual, Miss Julie! As I always say, you never cease to amaze me! And that holds true for the colors you chose for the Peacock chair. They're perfect!

Can't wait to see what you do with the mini, too! Heehee