All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 12 August 2008

Feeling sentimental ...

We have another birthday in the house today, my husband Paul. He's had a really nice day and we've spent some quality time together, something that has been sorely lacking recently due to work pressures and other stuff. The customary present opening was fun, he received a novel gift of a snail house to catch them in and we laughed about who would set them free or do the unthinkable to them and some funny cards that a man of a certain age gets about widening middles and lack of hair on the head. He insisted we do the singing bit as well and the candle blowing too ... he sure is a big kid at heart LOL

Tonight Mr Stick is patrolling the stitching world as the girls at JA commence their weekly UFO stitching, i hope the frogs stay away for you all and you make some good progress. I'm still waiting for confirmation that my redwork exchange has been received and opened, then i'll be able to show it.

I've added the letter T and a little of E onto 'Winter' but still not started the gridding of the chair fabric, i will get round to it but it's so boring doing that bit, i want to stitch not grid! LOL

Tomorrow is the funeral of Hazel, the lady from our stitching group. 3 of us are going to represent our group and say our goodbyes and then we have the club tomorrow evening so it will be a sombre day for us.

Thank you for visiting and for your continued encouragement on my efforts at this wonderful hobby. I wish you all peace, good health and happiness.

6 comments:

Lori-Ann said...

My condolences on the passing of your stitchy-sister... I can't immagine the sadness. :o(

Happy birthday to your hubby!!
Since you brought up the stuff about men and aging, I'll tell you what I read in the gift isle at our pharmacy today.

"Men's hairstyles come in 3 types.
1. parted
2. unparted
3. and departed (as in bald) ;o)
(sorry... I could'nt help it, you know me)

Hope Mr. Stick finds nothing to do at your meeting.

brokenfairy said...

Hope your DH had a wonderful day
((hugs))for you Today

Christina said...

Glad your DH enjoyed his birthday. I am sorry for your loss.

Lynn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DH and your DD :) Lovely bracelet she got from Karen!. I love the knitted toy :) reminds me of one the girls had when they were little :).
Thank you so much for the award too :)

I've got the peacock chair in my to do pile and the 'friends' one too. I've got them packed up to take to my friends on Friday so we can make them together!

Julianne said...

Julie,

You really do have a lot of birthdays all around the same time. I'm so glad to hear that you and your DH enjoyed a happy celebration together.

Your stitching is looking lovely and the seasonal pieces are just superb!

I'm sorry to learn of your stitching group member's passing.

Karan said...

Belated birthday wishes to your DH too. Sounds like you had a good day.
Sorry about the loss of your friend (((((((((hugs)))))))))