All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 18 August 2008

Redwork Exchange...

Redwork/monochrome exchange at JA has been a fun one. I decided as i hadn't actually done a 'redwork exchange' i would do that and used DMC 666 on the nordic blue 28ct linen to give a dramatic effect. Unfortunately, I didn't know my partner Lauras likes/dislikes so decided to choose a design that would hopefully appeal to her. A cup of tea with friends is always welcome i find. The design is a free one from La Chatelaine Designs. I had the backing fabric in my stash and made a pocketed pinkeep. The individual PG Tips tea bags tucked into the pocket nicely and red Jammie Dodgers went into the parcel for her to enjoy with the tea.... LOL

I received my stitched gift from Jayne N.

A beautiful dual purpose gift. Jayne wrote in her card that it can be used as a bookmark or a scissor fob. Thank you Jayne, and thank you for the extras you included. Your stitching is beautfiul, the threads will be useful and i've enjoyed the choccie very much.

If you've missed me over the weekend i haven't been around as i've had computer trouble. DH spent a lot of time Sunday trying to sort it out for me. He let me test it late last night. It still seems a little slow but at least i am back online. So sorry if i am behind posting on your blogs etc, i will catch up.

However, no PC time meant more stitching/reading/stashtidying time ... i started and finished the mini for TS and that went off in the mail today, i'll show you that when i know it's been received AND **drum roll please** i gridded the fabric for the Peacock Chair and made a start on the alphabet letters. I didn't take a pic so will do that next time. I found some stash i had forgotten about too, so that was a nice surprise and got engrossed in my book for a while too. It's nice to spend time doing what you enjoy.

Hope you all had a nice weekend too

9 comments:

Karen said...

very nice finish I hope your partner liked it . lovely exchange you got have eaten your choccy

Lori-Ann said...

I hope your friend like your redwork gift. I like the idea of a pocket in the back.

Sorry about the computer troubles... that happen from time to time it seems.

Shari said...

what a neat exchange!!!!! You 'over the pond' gals have the greatest ideas!!!! I love them!

Susimac said...

Its really lovely Julie, great stitching and finishing as always

Elisa said...

Two lovely exchange packages, the red on blue looks very effective, I have never tried those colours together before.

Srinity said...

Stunning redwork! And the bookmark/scissor fob is also beautiful. I haven't taken a part in a exchange earlier but I just signed for a christmas exchange in Finland. I don't even know where to find all the international exchanges. :)

Sally said...

Beautiful redwork piece Julie. I hope Laura liked it.

Nice piece from Jayne N too.

Mylene said...

Your pinkeep pocket for Laura looks wonderful. Well done, Julie!!
The exchange you received in return is lovely!

Karan said...

Good progress on Winter & I love the colours for PC. Lovely exchange pieces sent/received too.
Hope the PC troubles are sorted permanently.
Many thanks for my award (((((hugs))))). Sorry you had to read about the award from me on my blog - there's so much blog reading to catch up on it's taking a while! Every one seems to have had loads of finishes while I was away. :0)