All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Peacock Chair ...

Just in case you all doubted i did actually grid the whole thing..... (i would have wanted to see yours too LOL)

The alphabet on the chair back is complete, just the birdie to add. Fabric is 32ct laguna in Lemon Zest from Silkweaver and the thread is Anchor 1375. It asks for a plain thread for parts of it, so i've decided navy blue to add some depth to it, of course that might change when i add it if it doesn't look right. Not true colours, bad weather, picture taking and all that!

I've received 3 more awards from Sally, Rachael and Karan this week. Thank you ladies. As per ... i am giving them to all the blogs i read, they all inspire me in one way or another and i really cannot choose just a few of you, i know i'm a spoilsport LOL
From Sally

Tonight was the stitching club but i didn't make it as there was a meeting of the Community Association instead. We had some heated debates but i stood my ground and got my point across i think. I do wish more younger people would join these things so we get some young views and not just those of the older generation who have been on there for years. There are lots of groups who use the Community Centre and some complain about things but are not willing to do anything about it. Perhaps, if they gave their time and were willing to participate more things would change for the better. I know as i get older i no longer hold my tongue and if i feel strongly about something i have to say. Do you do the same? or do you sit back and wait for someone else to do something?

11 comments:

Shari said...

how pretty Julie!! The floss is so pretty!! Can't wait to see progress!

Lori-Ann said...

Those rainbow colors sure are pretty, Julie!

I guess sometimes getting help from the community is like pulling hen's teeth.

brokenfairy said...

I do like the colour combination you chose.

I am afraid that I am not good at arguing/confrontation, so a debate would scare me silly, So I think unless it is something I feel really strongly about, I would probably be one to wait for someone else to say something,I am ashamed to say.

Karen said...

great start Julie

Paula said...

That's gorgeous Julie, love that thread colour....
Happy stitching.....

Itching To Stitch said...

Great start to your Peacock Chair, I love the thread colors, they look great on that fabic ;)

Mylene said...

A very good start and lovely colours you have chosen for this.

Congrats on the awards!!

Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog. It means a lot to me.

Stitchingranny said...

Hard question Julie. While age has made me more vocal in some areas in others I have become far more laid back and I find I am far more able to tolerate different points of view.

The chair is looking stunning so far.

Re the redwork, well i like the fob and the dogers but you can keep the tea bags ughhh!!!

Sally said...

Lovely start on thte chair Julie. Love the thread you're using.

I'm afraid I would probably get all tongue tied and all my words would come out wrong so I admire you for standing up for what you believe in.

Elisa said...

You have received an award please visit my blog!!

tkdchick said...

Beautiful progress on your chair!