All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 26 July 2008

Waving at you...

I hope none of you ladies have had the virus that is going around... i have done nothing but sleep for the past 3 days and felt so washed out and exhausted, no stitching/computer/household chores and not a lot else - did you miss me?

This morning i had a very sad phone call, one of the ladies from the stitchy club passed away in the early hours. I have known Hazel for more than 20 years as she used to take her grandsons to school and one of them was in the same class as my son. It was such a surprise when i joined the stitchy club to see her there, i had no idea she was a stitcher. We have shared a lot of laughs over the years and she will be greatly missed. I decided to sit and spend some time thinking about her this morning, i added the lady in to finish the SAL piece. It is 'The Friendship Tree' after all ...God Bless you Hazel.

Hope you are all fit and well and the UK ladies are enjoying the glorious sunshine we have been having for the past few days

12 comments:

Karen said...

hope you feel 100% soon
sorry to hear about your friend

Ginnie said...

Sorry to hear about your friend and your illness. The Friendship Tree looks great.... and yes the weather here in the Midlands is great too!!

Lynn said...

So sorry to hear about your friend Julie (((((hugs)))))

Your Friendship Tree is looking great, and how nice to have stitched the second lady in while thinking of your dear friend. It brought tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

Lynn said...

PS I hope you feel better soon (((hugs)))

brokenfairy said...

So sorry to hear about your friend Julie ((Hugs))
I thought you had been a bit quiet, just thought you were outside in your bikini, getting a tan,LOL
I hope you are managing to cope with illness and this muggyness(more Hugs) I hope you feel much better soon!

brokenfairy said...

Sorry forgot to add, Well done on the finish

Itching To Stitch said...

I'm sorry about your friend.

Glad you are feeling better.

Congratulations on finishing Friendship Tree, it came out gorgeous ;0

Christina said...

Hope you feel better soon. I am so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS))) your LHN looks great.

jane said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope you are over the virus now. DH,DD and I all had it last weekend, it only lasted 2-3 days though and we are all recovered now!
Love your Friendship Tree too

~Julie~ said...

Oh Julie, I'm so so sorry to hear of your dear friend Hazel's passing. I know it is painful for you and you have my condolences.

Your finish of the Friendship Tree is simply beautiful, and definitely a memorial. I know you'll think of Hazel when you gaze upon it.

Many prayers,

Ju

Karan said...

So sorry to hear about your friends passing. It sounds like she was a special lady (((((((((hugs))))))))) - a lovely way to remember her. Hope you are feeling much better too.

tkdchick said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss your stitchy club has suffered. I'm sure you'll have a lot of happy memories to share!