All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 27 July 2008

Reveal day ...

Today is reveal day for the monthly stitching challenge at Jayne's Attic forum. The chart chosen by the ladies this month was the freebie 'Love' by Debbie Draper Designs. A friend had some 28ct gingham for her birthday and sent me a piece to try it. This seemed the perfect time to have a go with it and i chose to compliment it with DMC 223. It was the first time i've tried to make a mattress pinkeep and i was really pleased with how it turned out. There are lots of lovely different finishes this month in the album, lots of ideas for future months. Well done all the ladies who took part.

14 comments:

brokenfairy said...

Lovely!! I haven't tried a mattress finish yet,but yours looks super!

Jenn said...

That is beautiful Julie! I have never tried a mattress finish. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynn said...

I love the gingham, it's great, and so is your mattress finish, well done Julie :)

Mylene said...

That turned out great, Julie. Well done!!

Susimac said...

Beautiful finish Julie. I'm afraid I didn't finish mine, hey ho, maybe next moth.

Julianne said...

Julie,

It really turned out great! I'm not surprised because you seem to have the magic touch with finishing. I love the design on the gingham fabric.

Christina said...

Your pinkeep is beautiful.

Christine said...

LOvely finish Julie. I have to get me some of that gingham fabric ;)

Lori-Ann said...

I like yours better than the model picture (not to insult the original, it's great too).

Just love that gingham fabby.

Great job, Julie!! (clap, clap, clap)

~Julie~ said...

I'm lovin' that, Julie! What a beautiful finish! I haven't even tried a regular pynkeep yet, let alone the mattress sort. lol I need to get more daring when it comes to finishes!! =)

GREAT JOB!


~Julie~

Itching To Stitch said...

This is gorgeous. I love the gingham linen you stitched it on, it really makes the piece ;)

Karen said...

lovely finish

Karan said...

I'm not usually a pink person but the gingham fabric & that colour thread are gorgeous together & the mattress finish suits it so well. Beautiful finish Julie. :0)

tkdchick said...

That's perfect on the gingham fabric!