All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 6 July 2008

Raffle Basket ...

Have you ever stitched using waste canvas??

Our donation for the fruit/veg show raffle this year will be 2 stitched gift baskets. I chose a rose border from an old magazine for the first one. Tack the waste canvas onto the liner to secure it, stitch, then remove it very carefully one thread at a time so as not to disturb the stitching. We chose a mug/biscuits/hot drinks for this one. It's gift wrapped in see through plastic with a bow tied at the top but i had to remove it to photograph it. If you've never tried it give it a go, it really is easy to use and worth the extra effort to make a special gift and of course you can stitch on almost anything then.

The people of Tenerife know what to do with frogs!! Look at this cute froggie thimble made of pewter that David and Amy brought back from their holiday for me. He looks such a grumpy chap doesn't he, i wonder why??

I have a small collection of pewter pincushions so he'll be right at home with them.


Thanks for stopping by, hope you're having a good weekend

13 comments:

Karen said...

Nice raffle gift where do we buy tickets lol
Thats a cute frog from the kids , just keep it in a cage so it doesn't escape

Ginnie said...

Great idea for the basket, we collect prizes for a Christmas raffle I could stitch on a basket cover and add Christmas goodies.
Only used waste canvas once on at shirt for one of my daughters, it was successful.

Mylene said...

That is a wonderful rafle gift.

Lori-Ann said...

A wonderful gift you've created. The waste canvas thing is great, I agree.

LOVE that frog... just not around MY stitching, please. LOL

I laughed so hard when my DD passed me a rubber frog to squeeze when I broke my toe. I'm keeping it, it's just too funny.

Christine said...

The basket is very effective, cute frog too

PS Barbie car indeed! phtht ;P

Daffycat said...

That's a lovely raffle prize!

Don't you dare let that frog escape! Wonderful present!

Sally said...

Lovely raffle prize Julie. It's a brilliant idea.

Love the pewter thimble!

Shari said...

very nice gift basket Julie!!! The person who wins this will be one lucky recipient!!

becca said...

What a great raffle idea. And the basket looks great.
And plz keep the frogs to your self, I had him visit a few nights ago. LOL

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Stitchingranny said...

Two lovely gifts Julie.

I love the little frog and I dont agree he looks grumpy more tired I think.

Srinity said...

That looks really nice. I give gifts often in a basket and I think from now on I try to have time to stitch covers. I like the tea that's in the basket, my friend brings me some everytime she goes to UK. :)

Heather said...

The basket looks amazing Julie.

Karan said...

Great gift idea Julie - will have to remember this idea for next time DH wants a prize for the Junior School Fayre. :0)
Best keep that frog locked up though. LOL ;0)