All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, 18 June 2008

Exchange & surprise!

Two envelopes were delivered to me today. Rachael has stitched and made me this wonderful cushion and enclosed a little note that says 'Why? ... just because' THANK YOU so much Rachael, your stitching is exquisite, its was such a lovely surprise and i will treasure it. The second parcel had come from the USA, Robin was my exchange partner in the needleroll exchange at TS. Isn't this a stunning creation, i don't think i've seen this chart before so will have to find out who the designer is. The wording says 'The embroiderer stitches with a golden needle' and there is actually a golden needle attached to it, how cool is that! Thank you Robin.

Wednesday has come round again quickly so i'll be off to the stitchy club tonight. I'll be taking 'summer' with me again i think as it's not seen the light of day since last week LOL

Happy stitching

14 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely needleroll, what a nice gift from Rachael

Mylene said...

The needleroll and cushion looks wonderful.

Lori-Ann said...

Very pretty stitching presents.
are the fabrics dyed?... maybe it's just my eyes.

Have fun at your meeting.

brokenfairy said...

What a lovely Needleroll!! and I am so glad you liked the cushion,I thought with all the knitting you have done lately,you deserved something in the post!! ;0)

xstitch.nl said...

Oooh, that pillow is just stunning and the needleroll is so sweet!!

Elisa said...

What lovely things to receive, it would have made my day too...enjoy them.

Shari said...

wow, what an awesome mail day you had!!! Both projects are beautiful! I just saw that needleroll pattern somewhere yesterday, but I don't remember where!!! Congrats on your goodies!

Sally said...

Wow, Julie, that pillow from Rachael is gorgeous as is the needleroll from Robin:)

Nicola said...

What a lovely, thoughtful gift the pillow is, and the needleroll is beautiful.

Jenn said...

What a lovely gift! I love the cushion! What beautiful work!

Lynn said...

lovely cushion and needle roll, :)

Karan said...

The needleroll is such a pretty piece. Lucky you - the cushion is gorgeous, I love the colours. :0)

Stitchingranny said...

Two simply fantastic gifts Julie, bet the smile reaches from ear to ear.

I saw the cushion on Rachaels blog and thought it was stunning, when she said it was for you I knew you would be thilled with it.

Christine said...

Fantastic presents. I love, love, love the peacock design.