All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Friday, 18 April 2008

A lady not a gentleman!

When i knitted my first bunny for a friends Easter gift and then held a competition for one on a MB i visit i never imagined there would be so much interest in them. 17 ladies entered to win one, so i made two and both were sent to the US. Some days i just can't stitch but i am able to knit (i can't sit and do nothing) and this time i decided to make the lady. DH picked a UK winner out of the 3 UK ladies who entered the draw and 'Harriet' has now arrived with her new family and is looking forward to living by the seaside and getting to know Fergus and Candy .... can you guess who's got this one LOL.

I'll continue to knit them, so hopefully all the ladies will eventually receive one when their name comes out in the draw. The pattern is by a very talented designer called Jean Greenhowe, she has designed many different toys. The bunny one is in the 'Toy Collection' booklet on the 3rd row down. I have a lot of these patterns that belonged to my late MIL, she was an avid knitter and made many wonderful things for my children and their friends.

Friday today, so it's the LHN 'Friendship Tree' SAL with Karen tonight, i'm looking forward to getting this out again.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend and time with your families doing what you like to do. Best Wishes to Helen as she goes into hospital, hope you have a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing you soon.

10 comments:

Karen said...

Harriet looks great Julie I love her thank you

Karan said...

I can guess - but only because I saw it on her blog. ;0)LOL Such a cutie in her pink frock. :0)
Will be thinking of Helen too.

Sally said...

Harriet is lovely Julie and I bet she'll love living by the sea:)

Paula said...

Harriet is gorgeous...well done, and lucky Karen receiving her....
Hugs and happy knitting and stitching

Itching To Stitch said...

What an adorable bunny!! I just saw a pic of her on Karen's blog ;)

Mylene said...

That's a lovely bunny!!

Have a nice weekend too.

Paperfaerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paperfaerie said...

What a pretty girl Harriet is, I am sure she will love being beside the seaside :0)
Have a great weekend

Lori-Ann said...

Your lady is adorable, Julie! Congrats Karen!!

I had a great weekend, thanks! Hope you did too.

Stitchingranny said...

Hi Julie and thanks for the good wishes, as you can see i am now home and well.

I have a Jean Greenhowe "Knitted Toys" book with over 50 charts in it but Harriet isnt there - lots of penquins and other things but no bunnies in mine. Many of the designs are very old though. My book dates from the 80's but one of the charts in it is for a little guardsman which was the first cuddly toy my little brother had and he was born in 1950.