All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Friday, 7 March 2008

Why do young kids do this ?

this post is in red as i am very angry and sad .......

There was a report in the local newspaper that some of the allotments had been vandalised yesterday so DH took my car (the one dad left me when he passed away) up there to go and check ours. Luckily we were OK but others had not been so fortunate. As he was coming out of the car park, lots of large rocks came flying over the tall hedge and smashed my rear windscreen and made various dents into the bodywork. DH was not injured thank goodness, although he was hopping mad!! He saw 3 kids about 11 years old running off up the road. The police had to be called as i needed a crime number for the insurance company. Their words 'what can we do if you didn't see who threw the rocks' Now i have to wait till tomorrow for the back window to be replaced as they haven't got one in stock. I really needed the car tomorrow as the hospital rang today and want to see me at 9.30am ...

7 comments:

Mylene said...

I am so sorry to hear of what happened, but glad to hear you are both fine. Hope whoever done such can be punish even if they are kids, or else they'll never learn.

Karen said...

rotten little toads, sorry this happened , hope things get better for you over the weekend

Lynn said...

I'm so sorry you had this happen to your dad's car Julie. Big (((((HUGS))))

I hope your hospital appointment goes well. I'll be thinking of you xxx

Paula said...

Hi Julie, Im sorry this has happened to you....the police probably would do anything anyway about these kids cos they are too young. We have the same problem here with kids that age....you wonder here the parents are and what they are teaching them...

I didn't know you were having tests done...hope all is ok. Julie who told you you were normal??? huh???

(((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Stitchingranny said...

Oh how frustrating, and you would have been in such trouble if you had got hold of the little so and so's and banged there heads together. In my day we would have got a clip round the ear from anyone seeing us do something wrong and a damn good clout from out parents if they had found out about it yet they say that hitting a child causes them to be violent. Funny cant remember kids doing violent things in my day so that doesnt seem too logical to me. I think its about time they bought back some of the old values.

Lori-Ann said...

Oh, how awful, Julie! {{{hugs}}}Glad your husband was ok, but your poor car! :o(

Speaking as a parent of a couple of youngsters...while I don't hit my children as punishment, I am still able to make their lives torture, if I ever heard that they did something like what was done to your car!!

I don't think this case would be handled the same by police over here... they would have been poking around the neighbourhood asking some questions at least. (but I've been wrong before)

Hope all goes well at the hospital. Take care!!

Ranae said...

Glad to hear you DH is o.k. those little brats!!! I would have got out and chased them down, lol.
I hope everything went well.