All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 29 March 2008

March challenge ...

This months challenge at JA was the Blue Ribbon Designs retired chart Alphabet Stitches. I used 28ct cream belfast linen and VC silk in Carribean Reef. My pincushion and pins were sent as a birthday gift to DD's BF's gran as she does a lot of sewing on her machine. She telephoned yesterday to let me know she loved it. Huge congrats to all the ladies who finished it this month, your work is superb and the album looks stunning.

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Stunning Julie, I love the colour of that thread, it's gorgeous. Can I ask were you got the pearlised pins from? I'm on the search for some nice ones

Stitcher said...

I love the colours in this one. Great finish

Paperfaerie said...

Love the colours you have used on this one...lucky DD BF's Gran :0)

Sally said...

Lovely finish Julie. The colours are gorgeous.

Karen said...

Lovely finish Julie

Rachael said...

Beautiful!!!

Dawn said...

Love your pillow! The colours are scrummy :)

Lori-Ann said...

What a sweet little pillow, Julie!

I hate it when I hit "bumps on the stitching highway", lol

Stitchingranny said...

I do agree Julie the standard is getting better and better each month.

Christine said...

Another lovely finish Julie, and what a gorgeous silk.

Lia said...

hi!

Very beautiful!
Congratulations!
bye
:D

Mylene said...

A lovely finish, Julie. I really like the colours you have used on this.

Karan said...

So stunning Julie - not surprised it was so well received! Wish I had your confidence with colours.

Julianne said...

Julie,

That is such a pretty design and your color choice is superb. Great job.

Shari said...

Hi Julie,
I think this is the first time I visited your blog! I will add you to my list!!! I LOVE this piece. I have seen several of them in the past few days. Gosh, I hope I have that freebie somewhere. I just love how it turned out! Great job!!!!

Itching To Stitch said...

Beautiful pin cushion and I love the scissor case you made also ;)

Carol R said...

Hi Julie
Just found your blog - have bookmarked you for future visits!
Is this freebie chart still available? It's just what a need for an exchange