All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 27 November 2007

Christmas is coming ....

The tuck exch at TS is such fun, i love to stitch/receive tiny tucks made by Joann. Mine arrived today and was from Christina, she also sent a lovely card telling me the design reminded her of her grandmothers ornaments when she was a child, i hope whilst stitching she had fond memories. Mine is taking the slow route again so no reveal yet of that!!



I can reveal this one.....
this was the stitched card exchange at Jayne's Attic. My partner was none other than Jayne herself LOL. What a job i had to find a design that i thought would be perfect. I finally decided on 'Oh Christmas Tree' by The Cats Whiskers Design Studio in the 2006 JCS Ornament Magazine, stitched on 32ct ivory linen using good old DMC and gutterman for the goldwork. It was a fun stitch and i'm so pleased Jayne likes it, i always worry when it's an exchange gift, do you ????


Hope you are all nice and relaxed and not getting too stressed with your preparations for the festive season, just think 1 month and Christmas will be all over and you can make plans for your stitching in 2008 then .....

8 comments:

Edda said...

I just love the Christmas Tree card you stitched for Jayne. This exchange has been so much fun. You are right in one month Christmas will be over and we are back to our regular stitching routine.

Hope you have a great day.

Dawn said...

I love Jaynes card! I am sure she loves it too :)

Rachael said...

What a lovely card! Some of my friends have put up their decorations and asked if I have,all I can say is I got as far as getting the box out of the attic!!Have you started your stitchy plans for 2008?

Stitchingranny said...

The Christmas tree is lovely Julie.

Karan said...

Love the card you made for Jayne, may have to pinch the finishing idea for future use. ;0)
The tuck is so sweet.

Karen said...

Vey nice card, the tuck you received is lovely

Sally said...

Just catching up. had a busy week so far this week and think I am now more in the Christmas spirit than I was!

Jayne's card is lovely Julie. You did a fantastic job on it.

Heather said...

Lovely card Julie. Well done.