All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 28 October 2007

Quaker Heart

Friday night Karen and I were chatting and looking at Quaker Designs, we came across this freebie at The Workbasket .... you all know Karens love of hearts so it was decided (she challenged me really lol) we would see if we could stitch it up on Saturday and see just what colours each of us would choose and how different the same design would be. I finished the stitching on mine Saturday and made it up today. I used 28ct jobelan nordic blue using DMC 107, a subtle variegated darker pink. To see Karens you can click the link in her name above.

10 comments:

Karen said...

I'm sure you challenged me LOL, I almost did mine on blue fabric but I couldn't find a shade of floss I liked yours looks great

Sally said...

Wow, Julie, it is gorgeous! I downloaded this design after seeing Karen's.

Stitchingranny said...

Wow and all made up too. Saw Karens early and they are both pretty but very different.

Rachael said...

Wow they both look great,Will have to have a peek at the workbasket site ;)

Dawn said...

WOW Julie I love it!

tintocktap said...

That's beautiful, Julie - I love the way you've finished it!

Lynn said...

what a sweet little design, and I love the finish, well done Julie :)

Paula said...

That looks great Julie, off to have a look at Karens now too....
hugs.....

Karan said...

Very pretty piece Julie - thanks, have downloaded it. :0)

Julianne said...

Julie,

Your stitching looks wonderful. I love the color of your fabric and your finishing is superb!