All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 1 April 2007

when i needed you ...

you were there ..... I copied this from Edda's blog and today it has a very special meaning to me, as some of you know today would have been my dads 71st Brithday, i lost him to lung/colon cancer 19th December 2005 after a short but brave fight and without my friends on here life would have been unbearable at times. Happy Birthday Dad, God Bless you xx


Please copy the verse and photo for your blog and carry on the chain of friendship! Leave a comment so we can all follow the chain…

Holding Hands
This picture shows a line of little girls holding hands facing the immensity of ocean waves. Alone they might be washed away, but together they stand strong. Thank you for holding my hand somewhere along the way when I was facing a wave of my own. I hope you will reach for my hand when your own wave threatens.

All of us girls…
Old and young…Near and far…
Hold special memories of good times we´ve shared.
We´ve had our share of hard times when our friends were there to make us feel better.
We´ve shared…
our hearts…
our time…
our secrets…
our fears…
our hopes…
and our dreams…

Let us never break the chain of friends! I am thankful for precious moments…precious memories and precious friends…

5 comments:

Stitchspice said...

Hi Julie,
Been thinking of you today.
My needles are still not smoking but can finally see an end to the sampler.
Hugs Fi

Edda said...

Dearest Julie.

Hold on to the many wonderful and fond memories. My thoughts are with you today. Hugs to you my friend.

All the best,
Edda

Stitchingranny said...

Hi Julie, so glad you have copied this and kept it going, its a lovely sentiment. I lost my dad the year previous to you (17th December 2004) and was amazed by the support I got from friends I had never met. I also found that sometimes it is easier to talk to a faceless friend, they are often far better listeners. Since then I have been lucky enough to meet some of them but I would not know where to begin to explain to them just what there support meant to me.

Mary Ann said...

((((HUGS))))

Sally said...

Huge hugs to you Julie. I have been thinking about you.