All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 26 March 2007

Chatelaine WIP

my 1st Chatelaine is Martina Weber's Mini Lavendar Garden from the October 2006 issue of Gift of Stitching that Sally, Lisa and I are doing as a weekend SAL, looking forward to seeing how you both got on too. Stitched on 28ct quaker cloth in beige (i know very boring!!) and using DMC, can't wait till next weekend to carry on, it's a really lovely project

8th March was when I sent out my easter tuck for the exchange at TS and i haven't heard that it's arrived at it's overseas destination yet, i hope the postal service hasn't gobbled it up !!!!

JN 12 Days is coming out Monday to Friday this week i think, before the April installment of the huswif mystery arrives and of course the next part of hollyberry my first biggie hardanger project, and i really need to make a small gift for a lady at the stitching club who will be 60 next month, i'm thinking maybe the hardanger SAL from Jaynes into a nice needlebook with matching fob?? what do you think???

7 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

A lovely start Julie, can''t wait to see more.

I think a needlecase and fob would be a lovely gift for a stitching lady.

Sally said...

Your mandala is looking good Julie. Going to upload a pic of mine in a bit.

Lynn said...

I think it's a lovely idea for a gift, and will be very much appreciated by some one who stitches.

Paula said...

Hi Julie your Chatalaine start is lovely so far....looking forward to seeing more.
Are you feeling better? I do hope so....
Huggles...and happy stitching

Karen said...

very pretty I love the colours so far

Nicola said...

That's a good start on the Lavebder Mandala Julie. I'm enjoying stitching mine and am looking forward to stitching some more on it tomorrow. Will post a picture too.

I think that SAL piece will make a lovely needlecase.

Edda said...

I just love the start you have made on the Chatelaine. I´m looking foward to see how this one will progress. I am a subscriber to The Gift of Stitching and had set my eyes on this, maybe when I´ve graduated. :-) I think your idea for a needlecase and a fob would be a great gift for a lucky lady. I´m happy my bear hug made you smile the other day, have a great day my dear.