I've welcomed it today -
I changed my seasonal frame :- Goodbye winter ... hello Spring
There has been a little sunshine in the sky as well as lots of fluffy clouds today. Much better than the rainy days we've been having. Thank you Mother Nature
I walked in the garden and took note of the spring flowers and the bright colours
The whole world is living in uncertain times right now with Covid-19. Things are changing hourly and we all need to find the happy and positive things in daily living.
With my weekly chemotherapy and DH's heart operation that finally went ahead earlier this month so he too is vulnerable, we have been safe at home keeping the door firmly closed to all for a while. My children have delivered food parcels when they have been able to get things and kept in touch by phone.
I'm learning new things about technology. It is such a good thing right now for everyone with exercise classes and peaceful and calming ideas online as well as the news that we all need to limit in our heads for our own wellbeing, but I do feel for those elderly who do not do it and are home alone.
Many friends have been in contact to check on us, and we've called others. I've never chatted so much on the phone, having fun and laughter as well as talking about how things are affecting our families and we've been supporting each other.
Some simple things we've enjoyed ....
I made a victoria sponge cake and filled it with homemade jam from the pantry. That sparked a chat remembering the blackberries we harvested last autumn and that then brought the subject up about this years growing season at the community garden and how would that pan out over the coming growing season and months ahead?
I've knitted himself some hand warmers as he's feeling the chill still a little at times
A squishy parcel arrived filled with wool from a sale I couldn't resist last week.
I've been reading quite a bit. There is a list of books read this year in the left hand side bar.
A little stitching for an Easter exchange, but that might have to be postponed and celebrated later in the year.
Sending my love and blessings to you all as we walk this uncertain pathway.
Keep your chin up and I hope you too find happy moments in each day.
Stay safe and take care
Julie









Happy first day of Spring! Pretty flowers in your garden. Hope you are able to have your weekly chemo sessions they are very important. I agree technology is a good thing at the moment. I can keep in touch with my son in New Zealand and say goodnight to my granddaughter Abigail at 7am in the morning here!
ReplyDeleteI listen to Radio4Extra a lot there are a lots of great stories and ancient comedies. I cannot concentrate on books at the moment the the radio is great!
Keep safe........
It's nice to welcome in spring and see the blooms grow, I think this weekend will be sunny so hopefully more will come out. It's difficult times, thank goodness we have such technology to keep in touch, stay safe.
ReplyDeleteSpring in UK & autumn here in Oz with a few trees already changing colour. Strange times indeed & I'm really starting to feel very down. I've much I can do, but can't stay focused. Worried about our children & grandchildren & where all this will lead.
ReplyDeleteYou 2 take care at this worrying time. Stay safe &huggles.
Such a lovely Spring piece and flowers.
ReplyDeleteIt sure is scary time , but if try to look it from a positive side ,the pandemic has give us time to reconnect with ourselves, family and friends.
Take care.
A lovely Spring post today Julie I love your stitching , I have this chart some where I must stitch it one day.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are beautiful take care and big hugs .
Life is very different but spring is still here, showing us how beautiful things can be.
ReplyDeleteStay well. X
A lovely upbeat post, we all need to take the positives out of the situation we find ourselves in at the moment. We're living in uncertain times but the world still turns.
ReplyDeleteI can't read at the moment, but I am knitting, and I have a new crochet skill to learn. The weather is sunny for a few days so the garden is calling as well.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to read of your health issues, this must be a worrying time for you. It looks like you have found some excellent things to do at the moment, that wool looks wonderful I'm not surprised you couldn't resist it.
ReplyDeleteYour cake looks so delicious!! I have a feeling we are going to put on some weight with the confinement..I have been baking more too. Love the handwarmers, I want to try my hand at knitting while we are confined. I just printed off a pattern to try. Your flowers are beautiful. Still waiting to see color here. Take care..Mary
ReplyDeleteSo nice to have a spring stitching for this first spring day. Only made a small forsythia and hyacinth bunch this morning. Is that anemone pictures in your garden, so lovely. Your wool look nice so many projects to run. Send you a lot of warm hugs. Amitiés. xxx
ReplyDeleteThank you. Yes, it is anemone flowers in my garden amongst the spring bulbs
DeleteJulie: lovely post.
ReplyDeleteThe cake looks yummy.
The floral photos are beautiful, just a wee bit of snow today not lasting.
Your yarn stash looks lovely, you will be busy.
Catherine
Loved your uplifting post today, Julie. I'm so glad your husband finally had the operation is recovering well... I wish you both all the best as this world battles Covid-19.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are keeping busy and happy at home and have your children to bring you food when needed. We have been self-quarantining since we returned from our plane flight to Texas last Sunday. So far, so good. Take care now, my friend ♥
That's a lovely Spring design. I must switch my seasonal displays too. I seem to have a mixture of Winter and Hallowe'en which I have recently framed!
ReplyDeleteThe weather has been beautiful here, we have been enjoying our walks.
I am so glad that your husband finally did get the surgery.
ReplyDeleteYes thank God for technology at this terrible time.
Glad you guys are staying safe inside. Beautiful flower photos. Thanks for the reminder. I change my Winter out to Spring piece while I was typing this haha. I almost forgot until you said something. I think I'm going to sit out of the exchange this time. I was going to participate but I am losing my mind and trying to just stitch on things that are screaming loudest.
ReplyDeleteLovely flowers in your garden. I can't wait to see what you make with all that wool.
ReplyDeleteStay safe
Lovely post Julie!
ReplyDeleteDo take extra care you two!
I’m looking forward to seeing what you make with that pretty wool.
Nice catching up with you!
Hugs,
Barbara xx
Beautiful spring reminders, bring on the green and all those colourful flowers.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you have family to look after you, even at a distance.
Your sponge looks so delicious, it just doesn't turn out the same here.
The handwarmers look great, hopefully he won't have to use them much longer. Your wool looks lovely, so many possibilities!
Hugs to you, keep on keeping well.