Lots of lovely summer flowers blooming, times spent in the shade enjoying the garden reading my book but unfortunately on two separate occasions during the month I was a tasty treat for bugs and bitten badly and ended up with an urgent appointment at the doctors surgery. My weekly chemotherapy was stopped and super strong antibiotics given which were not nice at all.
Here's one of the bites
I rested a lot and knitted when I could. Two pair of socks finished and I made up a card kit I had stitched in the previous month.
Three books were read ...

This one was the choice of Justine for the monthly read at Needlecraft Haven.
At the end of the month I celebrated a birthday with some lovely gifts.
DS bought me two super embroidery books as I had expressed a wish to have a go at something different.
Hubby thought I could do with some new socks for myself, chose this wool and a new Herdy mug
The lady who runs our knitting group knows my love of bunny's and knitted this tea cosy for me.
It's fabulous.
I also received a certificate to shop online from Barb, thank you Barb for your thoughtfulness x
Lovely cards, ecards and emails from friends too. Many thanks to all of you that remembered me xx
The day after my birthday another envelope dropped onto the doormat. I was very lucky and had won a giveaway on Andrea's blog The Craft Room. Many thanks Andrea for your kindness. I'm looking forward to using these beautiful fabrics you have kindly shared with me.
As we enter into August, we will be celebrating 3 more birthdays in our close family. It's a good job I am partial to a slice of cake or two!
Love and blessings
Julie



That looks like a nasty bite Julie :-( I seem to get bitten a lot in the garden lately too, I had two really nasty ones last year and ended up on antibiotics, they can be really debilitating. I got bitten twice just last week too, although thankfully they were not really that bad. I've found that Bepantham (the nappy cream) is really really good for stopping the itching, if you can get to it early enough it does help, it's worth keeping some in home just in case.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good birthday with some lovely treats, they wool your hubby chose looks lovely as do your other gifts. Have a good week xx
Happy Birthday! Nice gifts! That bite looks nasty.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday, I hope the bites are now gone, they did look nasty. Lovely birthday gifts.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday Julie, hope the bites have healed now, I've been having a few too, leaving the window open at night is the main cause. Lovely gifts received and lovely work on your finished items.the lemon tree hotel looks like a good holiday book, will have to have a look for it. Xx
ReplyDeleteThank you Tina. Your comment doesn't come up in my emails to reply to. X
DeleteHappy belated birthday, you received some wonderful gifts, I do like that jazzy sock yarn. I hope the bites aren't causing too much discomfort now, both Mick and I have had really bad reactions to them in the past but I can imagine the problems they cause when you're on chemo. I hope that's all sorted out now.
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday my friend!I absolutely LOVE the tea cozy you were given!! I am praying for you dear.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday my friend I missed this one some how .I will pop you a little some thing in the post this week.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a lovely day , I can see you had some beautiful gifts and your kitting and stitching is always fab , big hugs Julie.
Belated Happy Birthday wishes, you had some lovely thoughtful gifts. Your bite does look very sore and itchy, a good idea to stay indoors and rest and read:)
ReplyDeleteOuch the bite doesn't sound fun at all. Guess you should just stay inside and do your crafts safe and sound. Happy Birthday! Glad you were spoiled. You deserved it.
ReplyDeleteJulie, I'm so sorry to hear of that nasty bite and hope you will heal quickly.
ReplyDeleteYour birthday gifts are wonderful. I know you will great use of them. I'm especially intrigued with the books your son gave you. I love the wildflowers on the cover. Get better soon my friend. RJ
Ouch Julie, that bite looks nasty.
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a lovely birthday. I really like the look of the hank of wool DH bought you (the natural coloured one with the bright patches) I'm intrigued to see how that one knits up
Joyeux anniversaire ! Lot of hugs and kisses. Your gifts are so great, love the wool and the scarf pin (never see that). Hope you feel better now (DH met twice a wasp closing the gate, it stung him on the nose, great look for some days). xxx
ReplyDeleteThe card kit and socks are fabulous!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the bug bites. I can sympathize because we've had a lot of rain around here and, hence, a lot of mosquitoes.
Happy birthday! Enjoy your wonderful gifts!
Happy Belated Birthday!! Oh my, you were treated fabulously!! The bunny tea cosy is precious and congrats on winning those lovely fabrics. I hope your recovered from that nasty bite.
ReplyDeleteA lovely array of birthday gifts - perfect that Christine gave you a scarf pin, I'm pleased you like the bright colours and I hope you'll be able to enjoy the chocolate a small piece t a time x x
ReplyDeleteOh Julie I am so sorry I missed texting you on your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday. You have received some lovely gifts. I do hope the bugs leave you alone. That one looks very nasty.
ReplyDeleteOuch! My Mum had a similar bite from a horsefly twice recently. Don't know why, she doesn't even have a horse!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous gifts for your Birthday and lovely socks too.
What did you think of Chris Packham's book? He's doing a good job as the NAS Ambassador.
Ouch! That bite does look nasty!
ReplyDeleteYou got such lovely gifts for your birthday, sending my belated happy birthday wishes.
All the best Jan
Gosh, Julie! Poor you! We’ve both been bitten more this year than other years, I guess it’s the hot weather ..... I’ve been lucky though, I’ve used an antihistamine cream on them and they’ve been no trouble. I do hope you are back to your chemo by now.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday! Lots of lovely pressies there!
The embroidery books look particularly interesting! Love the mug, and the wool for you. Oh, that tea cosy ..... love it!!!!
I’m always buying teapots, and making cosies for them, but I don’t seem to like any teas at the moment, so unfortunately they are a bit redundant. Hope yours gets lots of use!
Hugs,
Barbara xx
So sorry to be so late with my comments, Julie (was up visiting my mother last week). Happy Belated Birthday to you--I'm sure everyone made you feel so very special; you deserve it! Love your gifts and the new socks you have knitted.
ReplyDeleteHope you've recovered from that nasty bug bite--it looks so swollen and itchy. Enjoy your day, Julie--hard to believe August is nearly half over! ♥
Ouch, sorry to hear about the bug bite - nasty little things. I do hope you're feeling better by now.
ReplyDeleteYour card is lovely, and no surprise the socks look great.
Happy belated birthday! You received so many lovely gifts, the tea cosy is absolutely adorable!