All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 3 March 2019

Scavenger photo-hunt ~ FEBRUARY


Joining in with Kate for the monthly scavenger photo-hunt.  You can see the other photo-hunters in the February link up post on Kate's blog (I live, I love, I craft, I am me)
 
 
The words for February were :-
 
Sound/Hearing
Smell/Scent
Feel/Touch
Taste
See/Sight
My own choice
 
 
 
SOUND/HEARING
 
 
Even though I can't see the church from my home I can hear the campanologists (bell ringers) practice session on Tuesday evenings and also when they bell ring for weddings, christenings and for church.  It's a lovely sound that I never tire of.
 
 
SMELL/SCENT
 
 
Walking past the bakers in the village the smell of fresh bread ..... lovely - whip out my phone and take a snap of the delights on offer in the window.
 
 
FEEL/TOUCH
 
 
Jasper, next doors cat, thinks if he paws the glass in our conservatory door he might get let in.  His fur is so soft and he's such a sweetheart - he'd like to live here with us!
 
 
TASTE
 
I often have Weetabix for my breakfast.  It was a surprise when this round one came out of the packet this month.  Still tasted just as nice.
 
 

 
 
SEE/SIGHT
 
A visit to the garden centre to pick up some bright spring colour for the plant pots in the garden and these were a lovely sight to see on a dull/dark afternoon.
 
  
Whilst there we looked at the model village complete with a sprinkling of snow very early Feb - the train was not running as the lines were snowed in.
 
 
 
MY OWN CHOICE 
 

Pretty flowers that have opened on my orchid this month
 
 
Lots of other photo-hunters joining in, why not visit them in the link up to see what they chose this time.
 
 
Love and blessings
 
Julie
 

29 comments:

  1. Oh yes, the smell of freshly baked bread, you can't beat it. Jasper is so cute. Our next door neighbour had to have her gorgeous cat, Lucy, put to sleep very recently, she was a lovely cat and we were all very sad. A round Weetabix, how extraordinary. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have our bread maker on, so I am enjoying the smell of baking bread. I love your photo of flowers, such lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the smell of fresh bread! It's such a warm and cozy scent. One of our cats does like Jasper and paws at the doors. :) I had no idea what Weetabix was; what an interesting cereal! It looks like a cookie haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super photos. I love the sound of church bells and the smell of fresh bread. Jasper looks a lovely cat and the spring flowers are so colourful:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures, Julie! I love the first one because the chime of bells is a sound I miss in the place where I live. Jasper is really sweet! Have a nice week! Sandrine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh - the scent of freshly baked bread - nom nom nom :D
    Your round weetabix amused me :) thank you for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely sounds and sights Julie. What a pleasure it would be to hear the bells ringing. You can almost smell the bread looking at the photo. Jasper does look so soft and cuddly. The flowers are lovely and put you in the spirit of Spring. Have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  9. Real church bells are a wonderful sound, lucky you to be able to hear them.
    Aw, Jasper needs some loving!
    This is fun, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures! The cat looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos Julie. I love the sound of church bells, the smell of fresh baked bread, and your little furry friend. Is she a rag doll kitten? Thanks for sharing, take care & have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasper came as a stray so we have no idea of his parentage. He's quite a big heavy chap but so very loving.

      Delete
  12. We enjoy the sound of St. Mary's Catholic church bells from just down Main Street. We smell fresh baked bread six days a week, first thing in the morning, coming right up the vents from the bakery below us, baked by Brian and the Italian baker the night before. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did like your photos. Next door's cat is so cute.... I agree that the smell of freshly baked bread is wonderful. I really out to get my bread maker out...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic photos. Great choices for the themes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The winner for me is Jasper and the bells would come second. It's not something you hear up our way unfortunately so when I do hear it I enjoy the sound.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I can just smell that bread!! Love the photo of Jasper!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the smell of fresh bread! Jasper is a little sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  18. We have a bell ringing team here in the village too - not so many any more in the area - what a joyful sound they make, especially on New Year's Eve.
    Jasper looks so cute - how could you refuse that wee face anything :)

    Lovely photos as always Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww! Jasper looks soo sweet! Cats can be very persuasive! We have two cats and when our big cat wants something (usually food) he jumps on our smaller lady cat. He knows we will look after him fast and she knows to keep out of his way!
    Love the smell of bread cooking, and I keep meaning to get our bread maker out again ..... maybe today ......
    How strange, was there just the one round wheetabix?
    Great photos Julie!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Barbara, the weetabix was just inbetween 2 standard ones.

      Delete
  20. Lovely photos! Jasper is such a cutie and I loved your round Weetabix! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely post, a very nice choice of photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm back again!
    I meant to mention your lovely orchid, it's such a beautiful colour.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  23. A lovely post for the five senses, Julie--and many of my favorite things including church bells, homemade bread, and kitties :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely photos again. I thought it was only the full sized trains that got cancelled because of "the wrong sort of snow"!

    ReplyDelete
  25. the church looks great.
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great photos Julie, love the little kittie photo and the round Weetabix !

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.