All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 28 February 2019

February - it flew by

It's been a strange month has February 2019 

Here in the UK we have seen records broken with the hottest winter temperatures ever recorded.  We've seen temps hitting 21 degrees this past week and its been wonderful.

We paid a visit to the local botanical gardens to see the crocus in bloom at the weekend.  They were magnificent due to the recent sunshine.  Acres of pretty spring colour to feast the eyes upon.

 


End of the month so here's my hobbies round up for February .....

KNITTING  ~  3 finishes
 
Fingerless gloves for the craft group sale
 
Rib socks using WYS Forget-me-not
 
The red cardigan 


STITCHING  ~  5 little finishes

Winter SAL

Love and friendship exchange card

Two card kits

 
CCN Gingerbread Cottage (needs to be made up)
 
 
READING
 
4 books were read
 
 
 
I hope February was a good month for you too and you were able to achieve all you wanted to.
 
 
Today, the last day of February is Rare Disease Day.  Sufferers and parents of children suffering with many rare diseases have been adding a star to illuminate the reality on Rare Disease UK to raise more awareness of the problems, physically and mentally faced by us all with lack of specialists, very limited or not at all knowledge by GP's/nurses and lack of known working treatments that can help us.  A mine field in day to day living, but we try to keep a smile on our face and a happy heart. 
 
As most of you know, I was diagnosed with relapsing polychondritis in July 2017, a very rare disease.
Many thanks for taking time to visit me here, a little comment is always lovely to read and very welcome. 

 
Love and blessings
 
Julie
 
 

20 comments:

  1. It has certainly felt like late not early spring, beautiful flowers everywhere. Great knitting and stitching, thank you for taking part in NH's Valentine's Exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely knitting and stitching Julie. January and February seem to have passed me by this year, can't believe it's March tomorrow. Aren't those crocus lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hard to believe the 2nd month of the year is almost over. How funny you are having a heat wave and we have dealt with very very cold. Beautiful finishes this month. Hope you have a successful March too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hasn't February been gorgeous? It must be the first time I've ever said that. Wonderful finishes, as usual, and well done on finishing four books too, my reading mojo has slowed right down, along with my knitting mojo. Perhaps it's the weather, I've been wanting to be outdoors in the sunshine. I'm pleased to hear that there's a Rare Disease Day, anything to highlight conditions which most people know nothing about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have created so many beautiful things, love the red cardi, is for school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Marlene, my granddaughter will only wear cardigans I have knitted for her - she says it's like having a hug at school and no one takes her cardigan home by mistake!

      Delete
  6. I'd say for a short month, you certainly got a lot accomplished, Julie! The cardigan is so very beautiful--I'm so glad your daughter appreciates your talent :) Love your little stitchings, too--especially the gingerbread house. How did you like stitching on the gingham? I'm thinking about ordering some...

    Hope your warm temperatures keep up through March--we have no sign of spring flowers here so thank you for sharing your photos with us, Julie! Enjoy your week--and Happy March! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely crocus what a lovely photo.
    You have been busy this last month.
    Lots of wonderful projects .
    Your always in my prayers dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great getting so much finished Julie - leaves room for lots of new projects :)
    I'd never heard of Rare Diseases Day - such a good thing to highlight what's needed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie: I am so sorry to hear it is recurring, I hope it is a lesser strain, I hope it does not bother you too much.
    The flower photo is beautiful.
    Lovely knitting.
    I love your small stitching projects the cards are wonderful.
    It has been very cold here and snowy.
    I am a reader I love burying myself in a book and relaxing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Julie you have been very busy for our shortest month. All of your knitting is wonderful but especially that darling red sweater. It is so pretty. I love all of your stitches too...can't pick a favorite because they are all darling. How do you make your cards? Is it an oval cut out and then the stitch is behind it? You are always in my thoughts and prayers my friend. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been warm where I live (Japan) also. Sweet finishes this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you've done a lot this month, I like the socks, as well as your stitching finishes.
    Even with us it was until yesterday still very warm, today it rains - and that's good times.
    Have a nice Weekend. Martina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some beautiful finishes Julie. We've been breaking records here to for heat, with our hottest summer on record in Victoria. Today topped 40deg & it's officially autumn, with at least Saturday & Sunday being in the very high 30s. No wonder I've been feeling so blah! Have a lovely weekend & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meanwhile, we were (and still are!) quite cold. I hope this doesn't mean a disastrous summer for high temps. You've had a lovely productive month; it just feels better to do things when it's a little warmer! The cardigan turned out so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish we had your weather and flowers, it snowed/sleeted here again today!
    All beautiful knitting, the cardigan is beautiful.
    Your winter SAL finish is lovely, that was a fun one to stitch. The other finishes are sweet too - love that porcupine!
    I hope the polychondritis doesn't flare up too often for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We had warm weather too, but it’s turned cold and wet here now.(UK, south east)
    Well done with all those finishes! I loved making that bird card, although it took me a while as I only stitched it when we were travelling, and our journeys are short!
    Love all your knitting too!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You seem to have done a lot during February … well done.
    The red cardigan is lovely.
    I hadn't heard of Rare Diseases Day … and being a fairly new visitor to your blog did not know about your polychondritis.
    Sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous crocus flowers, it was like Spring in February here too!
    Nice work on your February finishes.
    My friend's daughter has EDS which is not as rare as your rarity but she was chosen as the face of Rare Disease Day by the Disability Athletes. She is a Paralympian swimmer, despite her difficulties. Amazing young woman.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lot of work done Julie, lovely knitting, how well the cardigan has turned out and the little stitched cards. I like the Friends make life special stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.