All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 17 February 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness - FEBRUARY

 
 
 
Gifted Gorgeousness - It's a time to share something gifted  TO YOU or FROM YOU to someone else between the 15th of each month
 
If you haven't heard of GG, it's an idea thought of and organised by Jo.  Please visit Jo's blog to learn more about it.  Everyone adds their blog post for the month to the list of GG participants so you can read all about others who take part each month and find new bloggers to enjoy.
 
A parcel arrived with me earlier this month from Justine.  It contained a selection of magazine free kits and a few other bits that she no longer wanted for a craft group I attend.
 
 
I have passed on the booklets and threads to the group.  We are to have a table to raise funds for the group so i'm going to stitch the cover kits, make the cards and add them to the sale table.
 
I've finished two already.  Strangely, I saw this same card completed over on Cath's blog this last week.
 
 
and then I spotted the cute hedgehog the same as this one on Astrid's blog
 
 
I finished reading Casting Off last month and gave it back to the lady it was loaned from.  When Jo (a different Jo, blogging at Through the Keyhole) commented on my end of month post, she said it was on her wish list.   I mentioned someone would like it at my Book Borrowers reading group and the lady who works in a charity shop where she takes all of our finished with non-library books still had it and kindly I was given it back to send off to Jo. 
 
Happy Reading Jo.
 
Valentines Day was opening day for the gift of love and friendship exchange at Needlecraft Haven.  The brief was to send a stitched card, a thread the colour you used in the stitched design and a sweetie treat.   It's an anonymous exchange and we wrote inside the card 'Stitching love from everyone at Needlecraft Haven'  Partners have now been revealed so I can post my GG for February and share the cards sent/received by me.
 
My parcel came from Christine.  A pretty ladybird and heart design card with some delicious looking ladybird chocolates from the Royal Horticultural Society together with WDW Ladybug thread. 
 
 
Christine is so clever, she made her stitching into an ornament that can be removed from the card backing....love it!
 
 
I sent to Justine, this is my stitched card. The design is in a book I have. I cut the centre out of a paper doily to make a circular mount for the card. 
 
 
I added some love heart sweets as well as the chocs so Justine could share with her boys and one of the pink threads I had used.
 
 
The contents were wrapped in a piece of fabric that had birds on in a heart shaped design and tied with a length of ribbon she would be able to re-use. 
 
 
I was very lucky as I had another envelope the same day.  It came from Clare. A lovely card with such nice words from her inside together with a heart shaped button and a love heart sweet treat.  Thank you Clare x 
 
 
Just before I end this months GG post ,I want to share this gift from my next door neighbour in mid January.  She received 4 different bulbs for Christmas gifts and thought I might like to have the joy of watching one grow.  I've seen and watched a few of these bulbs mature on blogs, but never had one myself.
 
We've had a few warm days and one of the buds became fully open to reveal such a delight ......WOW!   We had no idea what colour it was meant to be as it arrived in its pot all planted.
 
 
I'm looking forward to reading all the other GG posts for February and seeing what delights the kind people in the hobbies and crafting community have sent and received.   Friendship is a wonderful gift.
 
Love and blessings
 
Julie   

22 comments:

  1. I really enjoy these monthly posts, it's nice to celebrate the generosity of the blog world and I'm one of the recipients this month, thank you so much for the book, I'm looking forward to reading it very much. My amaryllis is a way behind yours but they're so fascinating to watch grow, they seem to shoot up before your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Gifts you shared with others .
    Always such a lovely post of love .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Julie, such a pretty colour of amaryllis - it's a beauty. Lots of lovely gifts going both ways - so much kindness:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great Valentine exchanges.
    I love the colour of your Amaryllis, they are such great flowers and it's so exciting to watch how much they grow each day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely gifts - both giving and receiving. The flower is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had such a lovely visit, admiringvfc all your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful gifts

    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely gifts to both give and receive. Your amaryllis flowwr is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely selection of gifts, Julie, both made and received. I like the idea of using the doily to frame your stitching on the card.
    Love the colour of your amaryllis. I haven't seen that shade before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a full post. Love those cute little kits from Justine. Astrid mailed me the chart for the adorable hedgehog and I can't wait to stitch him up. Love the exchange piece you received. Beautiful. The one you made is just beautiful. Looks perfect. What a beautiful flower. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely idea & such a beautifully written post to accompany some gorgeous crafty photos. Well done to all. Your hippeastrum is very colourful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for taking part in Needlecraft Haven's Valentine Exchange, beautiful gifts sent and received. Your amaryllis is a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you liked your card Julie.
    The one you sent is lovely, I really like the idea of using a doily as a frame.
    That amaryillis is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for taking part in GG this month with so many lovely things to share.
    I love the idea of using a doily as a frame, great tip for my scrapbooking projects!
    I always buy 3 amaryllis at Christmas; one for Mum, one for MIL and one for me. Then we compete to see whose blooms first and who gets the most blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many beautiful things shared and received!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie: The bud is lovely, such a beautiful color.
    Many lovely gifts.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice parcel to receive, and also share with others.
    Oh yes, that hedgehog was a cutie, I'll find out next week if she liked it.
    More fun exchange pieces, everybody wins!
    Such a beautiful coloured Amaryllis.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another wonderful month filled with such pretty gifts both given and received, Julie! Love what you sent to Justine--will have to remember that doily idea :) I've never had an amaryllis myself, but my mom has--they really are stunning!

    Hope your February is going well! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the little bird card with the daffodil frame! That's a cute cover kit. Christine's ornament card is great and so is your doily frame! It suits your piece perfectly. Gorgeous amaryllis! It's fun when they are mystery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely post, and the amaryllis is such a pretty colour.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely gifts given and received. I like the idea of the doily around your stitched piece which makes a pretty card and also the way that Christine made her ornament removable. Beautiful Amaryllis, mine are just starting to poke through the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Julie your card kits are adorable. I love how they look. And the gifts you gave to others and the ones you received are so lovely. I too love how Christine made her ornament so it could be removed. I love when Amaryllis blooms. Sorry I'm late commenting on this post...I've been down with a virus and sinus and now my poor husband has a terrible cold. But I will catch up with any posts I've missed. Thinking of you. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.