We have been doing it for many years and over time I have been partnered with different people and sometimes I have sent to the same person a number of times. This has been the case with Christine and myself. She must be able to fill a small tree with ones I have sent to her in the past!
Stitched on mustard yellow, not a colour that is used a lot, I liked the red wording and Christmas bird of this design from 2015 JCS ornament edition by Samplers Not Forgotten.
Popping into the supermarket I spotted these penguin biscuits and knowing Christines love for penguins they seemed ideal to go into the parcel instead of a chocolate treat. Anyone know what penguin tastes like?
The envelope that arrived with me in plenty of time for opening day contained this lovely package. A beautiful sparkly snowman finished exquisitely, and in such a different shape. He's fabulous and not one but two sweet treats, unfortunately the snow bites are no more :-) Also included was a handmade card.
Thank you Gill (no blog) xx
A successful exchange. Fabulous selection of ornaments sent and received. Perfect for the festive season with lots of happy stitchers exchanging something they have in common with online friends.
Love and blessings
Julie


Have caught up on your recent blog posts, Julie. Beautiful knitting and stitching as always. The trees at the Christmas tree festival are impressive.
ReplyDeleteYou received a lovely gift from Gill and I like the use of the mustard yellow linen you used in your gift to Christine. The thread colours work well on it.
What a great swap to be a part of, I love handmade ornaments and these are both fabulous. Yum, I'm not surprised that the snowbites have already gone, they're so moreish.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely idea for a swap. Beautiful ornaments, both gifted and received. X
ReplyDeleteLovely gift exchange , love both stitching and lovely yummies .
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun exchange. Thanks for sharing. I love the ornament you did. It looks fantastic on that yellow fabric. The one you received is beautiful as well.
ReplyDeleteJulie I LOVE the ornament you made Christine and plan to stitch it one day because of the fabric color. It is so awesome! And the way Christine finished her ornament is so clever!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely Christmas swap Julie...wonderful ornaments and goodies. Hope you and yours have blessed and happy holidays. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDeleteSuch a great exchange on both hands--love the fact that you both included some sweets. I think all of us stitchers must have a sweet tooth :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend!
an excellent idea for a swap.
ReplyDeletehave a great weekend
I too love this exchange Julie. Being a small group we often send to each other but because we are a small group it means we know each other very very well and we can make our stitching quite personal. Your gift to Christine is lovely and Gill's finishing is superb.
ReplyDeleteLovely little exchange you've had! It's neat how you keep getting Christine haha. A Julie Tree sounds pretty awesome! And your received gift is lovely too; I like that hexagon way of finishing.
ReplyDeleteI would guess a penguin tastes fishy! Although the little cookies might taste like animal crackers?
Lovely exchange. The Christmas ornaments are just perfect
ReplyDeleteJulie xxxxxxxx
Interesting & different to the usual exchanges you hear about over the silly season. Thanks for sharing & take care.
ReplyDeleteI like the background fabric colour, it suits the design Julie.
ReplyDeleteThe design you chose to do does look so lovely on that fabric! And Gill did such a wonderful job on your ornament! And of course, who doesn't like a few sweet treats. : )
ReplyDeleteTastes like chicken :D :D :D
ReplyDeleteActually I've always put my stitched ornaments along the banisters - this year I've had to add a second swag over the conservatory door because I've got so many.
I love my gorgeous red bird.
The one you received is beautiful too
Lovely pressies all round Julie, I haven't done one of these for years. I have sent you an email xx
ReplyDeleteLovely exchanges. I love the idea that Christine has a "Julie Tree" or garland with all your ornies on!
ReplyDeleteI'd guess that penguins taste like fishy-chicken LOL
Hi Julie! Everything is beautiful! I love gift exchange! We send notes to each other and lots of fun!!
ReplyDeleteSandra xXx
Looks and sounds a very nice gift exchange :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
What a great Christmas swap with your stitchy friends. Pretty gifts given and received.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great exchange for the both of you! I really need to get involved in the group, you all have so much fun!
ReplyDelete