Not this year they didn't ....
The lovely church of St Marys
There were 1340 trees on display - from the many schools, support groups within the community, social groups, businesses, tiny, young and older childrens groups, elderly and disabled, quite a few Womens Institutes from the local area. Each tree a joy to see, the planning, time and effort put into making them happen was evident and it was amazing.
I tried to get some pics without too many people in them, but there were so many attendees and at £2 per person entrance fee each, a lot of money will be raised for the church. The festival is on for 5 days, 2 more days to go for visitors. We will certainly add this to our annual calendar for next year.
A few pictures of what we saw ....
This chap welcomed us into the church, he's made of flowers
The Grinch
The sugarcraft evening class
Model railwayers .....
The local police force!
The simple tree on the altar had been carved from a tree that had stood in the church previously
I loved this one made by the knit and natter group, even the tree was knitted
A parlour scene from days gone by...
The town was holding a Christmas market and the men of the Leicester Red Morris were dancing and having fun. They are having a bit of a rest here!
It was a lovely way to begin the festivities of the month.
Arriving back home, during the evening we lit our advent candle, a gift from DS to me.
A new month means it's also time for a round up post of stitching, knitting and reading achieved in November.
CRAFTWORK - Three stitching finishes &two knitting finishes
READING - Three books read.
There are a few friends who are in need of {{huge hugs}} at the moment as life has thrown them some not so good news for themselves and losses in their families.
Wishing you all calm and peaceful days as we continue our advent journey
Love and blessings to you all
Julie



Julie, St. Mary's Church is magnificent and I can only imagine what a delight it was to see all the themed decorated trees. Nov has been a productive month for you. Love your stitches and such pretty socks and sweater!
ReplyDeletewow Julie such beautiful pics,the decorations are so pretty,thankyou for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos of the tree festival. I would love to see it in person! Japan really doesn't understand the Christmas tree decorating. Great finishes and I will have to look for the rabbit book!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post Julie, the trees are amazing en masse - I'm not surprised it was so busy. I like the thoughtful gift that your son gave you, so many good things to see at this time of year.
ReplyDeleteJulie, what a treat it must have been to visit the tree festival at St. Mary's. It is a gorgeous church too. I would have loved to tag along.
ReplyDeleteGreat projects you finished for the month of November. I love them all. I also really enjoyed seeing the pretty Advent candle your son sent. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
Wonderful Christmas Photos what fun.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your advent , hugs to all.
All the trees at the festival look wonderful, a lot of work has gone into those.
ReplyDeleteGreat finishes for the month too :-)
What a fabulous event, that's definitely one to put in the calendar each year. Such beautifully decorated trees, and so many of them. Visiting these kind of events really kick starts the Christmas season and puts you in the Christmas spirit. Well done on the finishes.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful trees in St Mary's Julie - it's lovely to see more churches doing tree festivals. Our church trees go up this week 🎄
ReplyDeleteGreat photos, thank you for sharing, it is a wonderful time of year.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos thanks for sharing! I'm glad you had a great visit. Fantastic finishes and Congrats on the reading. Big Hugs coming to all those who need them.
ReplyDeleteSt. Mary's looks ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! I shared this with Brian and Madeleine. Julie, how did you like The Tattooist of Auschwitz? I loved it. It really stuck with me.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing pictures of the beautiful trees! What a wonderful event for the start of advent. Lovely finishes too!
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos of the Tree Festival. I am torn between the sugarcraft 12 Days of Christmas and the Railway Tree, I love the way the track runs around the tree!
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful trees in St Mary's, thank you so much for sharing all of your photographs, I did enjoy seeing them.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Oh, my! 1340 trees--I can't imagine!! That must have been such fun, Julie... (And I'll bet that is the first time The Grinch has been in church :)
ReplyDeleteOh now that would be a fun place to see! One of the churches here does a Festival of Trees too but no where near that amount, nor the size of the building hah! I love the specially themed ones.
ReplyDeleteHi I'm new here and love the pictures The blue lights are so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSandra xXx
Lovely post Julie, what amazing trees to admire and a lovely start to Advent.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, what fun! I'm so glad you were able to go and share your visit with us. So many trees and all original! That knitted tree is really something.
ReplyDeleteYour finishes are lovely, I love the snowman!