All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 25 November 2018

Winter SAL finish

The winter ornament completes the set of the seasonal SAL stitching over at Needlecraft Haven.  We could choose any design we wanted with a seasonal theme and have stitched them over the seasons of 2018. 

Quite a few of the ladies have taken part in this and its been fun seeing which designs they chose.  It's the third year we have done seasonal stitching and it's been fun.  Next year things will change I have read on the forum so something new to look forward to.

I've had all four of the seasonal free designs printed out from Happiness is Cross Stitching blog and they've been in my stash and on the 'to do' list for a very long time.  I bet you also have a pile of things like that too that you just don't get round to doing.

Here's my simple finish for winter...

 
The collection of the four seasons together....
 
 
A Christmas hand knitted sock gift completed and today I spent time wrestling with wrapping paper and sellotape and these are now wrapped up ready for gifting.

 
Sock needles empty.... we can't have that can we?
 
Postie brought me a parcel this week with my order of this years Christmas wool from West Yorkshire Spinners.  The Fairy Lights and cayenne pepper package included the free pattern.  Resistance was futile and these have been casted on and the rib already knitted.
 
This pair is for me.... (there, i have said it) I've been good and really want them in time for this Christmas... is that selfish?

 
I marzipaned the Christmas cake as well as doing some wrapping today and updated my list of things left to buy and do.
 
How is your Christmas planning, gift buying and making coming along.   One month today and the big day will be here ... and we all know how quickly the past 11 months have gone by don't we.
 
Wishing you love and blessings at this busy time of the year and peace and happiness.
 
Julie
 

 

22 comments:

  1. The ornaments are really lovely, they look fabulous together as a full set. I'm only knitting one pair of socks to be gifted this year and those are for my dad, I'm not quite half way through knitting them yet but I'm sure they'll be done in time for the big day. I've got this year's West Yorkshire Spinners Christmas colourway too but I don't think I'm going to bother knitting Christmas socks for this year, I'll keep the yarn until next Christmas. I've made a good start on my gift buying, there's still some things to get but I've got the main bulk of it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just brought up my tree to decorate this week. It is just alittle 4 footer but it is a nice tree with white lights. like your stitching. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to stitch those season ornaments too. Wonderful finishes! Your Christmas socks will be perfect and it is not at all selfish to make them for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice complete set! Good for you! Finally making socks for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie your seasonal set is wonderful. You did a great job stitching them. I also love your socks and the designs on them. And the new kit you want to get will be wonderful.

    I just finished stitching all my gifts. The next two weeks I'll be sewing them up, then a week of cleaning and decorating, baking after that, cleaning again and then picking up our son at the airport. I wish I still had two months left to get it all done. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ornaments and socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching , love your ornaments.

    Lovely knitted socks so happy you are knitting some for yourself, you need to spoil yourself every now and again.

    Have a good week sweet friend .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you should knit something for yourself, you deserve it :-)

    I've almost finished my Christmas shopping, just the 'awkward' people to buy for, lol

    Well done with keeping up with the seasonal stitching, will these be for you are are you gifting them too.
    have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I decided to check out that Needlecraft Haven you talk about. I hope I can figure it out.

    Love the set you have made. How cute!! The new socks you made look lovely and warm. Love the colors. I don't think it's selfish at all to make yourself a pair. You definitely deserve it as much as you do for everyone else.

    I have hardly started shopping. I do have a few things but boy sure have a lot to do. We are going shopping Sunday I think. So hopefully we'll get a lot gathered up that day. Yes it will be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julie beautiful work my friend,love your stitcheries and your socks are awesome,well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are not selfish, I think the Christmas socks will look great

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. My new blogs again..... had to change them again!


    Julie's Journal & Scrapbook https://myjournalandscrapbook.blogspot.com/

    Scavenger Hunt https://myscavengerhuntscrapbook.blogspot.com/

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad to see that you'll be knitting something for yourself, Julie--you do and give so much for others that you well deserve it! That little winter snowman is so sweet--love his blue outfit. Congratulations on finishing all four seasons. And the new socks will certainly brighten someone's day on Christmas morning--well done :)

    Enjoy this last little bit of November!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your seasons ornaments look great.

    I'm finding November has passed by so quickly.
    I've made a start on Christmas preparations but lots more to do :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. The four seasons look great all together like that. I do enjoy a seasonal series!
    The socks for yourself are a great idea, you deserve warm toes too.
    I haven't made a start on the Christmas preparations yet although we do have our staff meal tonight. It's very early but we're all too tired closer to the day LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet finish, Julie! I love all four seasons. And I don't think you are selfish at all - those socks are going to be so pretty! I've only done some minimal shopping and preparing for Christmas. I'm afraid it is going to sneak up on me. : )

    Thinking of you and sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julie: I love your ornaments and socks.
    I am finished shopping I did it all in one day which is unusual for us.
    I will start decorating this week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely ornament finish Julie, they look great all together like that. The fiery coloured socks are fabulous!
    Enjoy your new Christmas socks

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the four seasons ornaments, very pretty and the socks are gorgeous, lovely bright colours. I´m well behind with Christmas shopping but the decorations box has been rescued and some decorating will get done this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you've knitted enough things for other people that socks for you aren't selfish at all! I am far, far behind with Christmas this year. I just can't seem to find the motivation! At least the house is (mostly) decorated.

    Your ornaments look so nice all together; sets of things are great. They're all very cheerful ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely set of seasons!
    I love the socks, what great bright colours. And why shouldn't you make some for yourself, those are going to be great!
    I'm not ready at all, but right now it seems like I have plenty of time... we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.