I'm pleased to be joining in with Kate at I Live, I Love, I Craft and the Scavenger Photo Hunt for November.
The link up post for November where you can go and visit other Scavenger Hunters and see their choices.
You can source a new picture or use one you already have in your albums and this months words were :-
Decay
Secondhand
Strand
Fold
My own choice
and here are my choices of pictures .....
POST/MAILBOX
This old postbox has VR stamped into it.
It's used daily and in a village where DH's friend lives.
It has recently undergone a bit of a refurbishment with some recycled old bricks added to the existing old wall to make it more secure.
DECAY
The hosta was magnificent all summer, slugs didn't bother it at all.
It's looking rather sorry for itself now though.
SECONDHAND
My granddaughter spotted these in the attic, they belonged to her mummy and now she's got a few 'new' dolls to play with.
STRAND
Fancy a game of monopoly anyone?
FOLD
You need to fold away the music stand to shut the piano lid
MY OWN CHOICE
Team effort -
Our knitting group nativity has gone on display at the community centre
I knitted the baby Jesus and crib
DH made the wooden stable out of scrap wood for us
(Sorry its not a better pic, the screwed in perspex front to deter theft didn't help)
Love and blessings
Julie


What a great set of photos. I hardly have anything from my childhood but I've kept a lot of toys which Daniel and Eleanor had, hopefully to pass on to their children one day. Monopoly, it's one of those games which people either love or hate isn't it? We've got quite a few box games, we enjoy playing them when the family's together. I'm pleased to see the nativity got finished, such a good idea for a group of people to knit it between them. It looks great.
ReplyDeleteI love your one for 'strand' - very clever interpretation. The nativity looks like a lovely joint effort ... how many of you were involved?
ReplyDeleteLove your photos. Thanks for sharing. The Nativity is adorable. Love the stable your hubby made. Perfect.
ReplyDeleteClever you with Strand... years ago I used to play Monopoly a lot; I think we still have the game somewhere..... Fold is another good one. Were you reading my mind about decay? I nearly took a photo of my sad hosta! I love mail boxes and have been lucky to see all 4, (VR, GR, E VIII and E II). My favourite is the mail box.
ReplyDeleteLovely set of pictures. Strand was a brilliant idea. Would never have thought of it. We have moved around too much to have toys to hand down, just a few ornaments. Love the old music stand, not seen one like that for ages but my favourite is your group knitted Nativity scene. x
ReplyDeleteOh, that old post box is so charming! And wonderful that it is still in use, Julie! I had no idea there was a British version of Monopoly--the things you learn from craft blogs :)
ReplyDeleteLovely Nativity scene that you and your husband created--I'm sure your community center is so pleased to display it each Christmas!
Hope you enjoy your weekend, Julie!
Some interesting photos, love the old post box.. once saw one that had a note on it, that said, letters in this box could have snail nibbles on them!!
ReplyDeleteAlways love your posts , We have the same post box in our street .
ReplyDeleteLovely photos great fun , enjoy your day.
Wonderful photos and a fun group to join.
ReplyDeleteStrand and fold - just brilliant!! Thank you for joining in x
ReplyDeleteGreat interpretation! Monopoly was always my favorite game.
ReplyDeleteI love that old post box. I did not know their was a British version of Monopoly.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos and interpretations especially strand and fold. I like the old post box too:)
ReplyDeleteGreat photos Julie, love, love, love the postbox and the very creative nativity scene.
ReplyDeleteI adore that mailbox!!! I didn't know there was another version of Monopoly. We used to play that by the hour...and some games went on for days. Your stable houses a beautiful Nativity scene, how great that it was a group effort.
ReplyDeleteHi Julie interesting choices,love what you picked,great pics,well done.
ReplyDeleteGreat old postbox! I am glad it got refurbished instead of replaced. What is the significance of VR?
ReplyDeleteAnd your group nativity turned out lovely. It's kind of a shame it needed the plexiglass to prevent theft!
Great pictures Julie. Hoe wonderful that the old Barbies are getting some love
ReplyDeleteLovely collection... excellent thinking for strand!
ReplyDeleteSuch a good selection of pictures, and isn't the old post-box wonderful :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan