All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 25 October 2018

Hospital appt = more enforced rest = more crafting time?

 
On Saturday it will be time to turn the clocks back for the winter.  Darker nights means more craft time, not such a bad thing as it's coming to that time of year when people's thoughts are turning to Christmas gift giving. 
 
This week I've fully finished off two little ornament designs from CCN
 
 
 
My newsagent got me a copy of the latest JCS ornament magazine, I picked it up Tuesday.  It was £7.50 from him, so not a bad price.  
 
 
I'm pleased I've got something nice/new to read as yesterday I was at the hospital for an ultrasound with guided steroid injection into my foot (all part of the various issues with the ongoing RP).  The procedure went well, but unfortunately, I ended up in the heart unit as I had a bad reaction and they thought I had had either a heart attack or blood clot. 
 
Many, many tests, ECG's, scans, Xrays, bloods etc and various consultants came to see me and I was sent home late.  They think it was a reaction to the anaesthetic they used and it got into my bloodstream causing the issues.   
 
Back home, resting, and today the pain has eased and the breathing is much better........ a simple procedure and then wham, a sigh of relief and give thanks for hospital staff and their superb attention, skill and patience in the scariest of times.  Well done NHS!   
 
Marlene, you were in my thoughts yesterday as I lay there and I was hoping your DH is improving after his recent issues. 
 
Perhaps i'll get a lot of stitching and reading done whilst I am resting this next week?
 
Love and blessings
 
Julie 

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that must have been scary for you and your family, it never rains but it pours. I do hope you're fully recovered from it soon, whatever it was. I love those little ornaments, I could be inspired to stitch some myself were it not for the fact that I'm useless as making things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor you. Hope all is well now. The magazine looks very interesting.

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julie ,
    I am sorry you are having a nasty time ,hope you are feeling better and resting up.
    Your sweet pillow is lovely .
    Enjoy your weekend with your feet up.
    Always thinking of you .

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have had quite a scare at what you thought was a routine appointment. Thankfully you came good in the end and hopefully, with plenty of rest you'll be feeling much better soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such very nice Christmas things.
    I do hope you are now feeling much better, take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything can change in an instance, I am sorry you had such an awful day, but glad it was not anything more sinister. Keeping everything crossed if hubby stays infection free he could be home over weekend thank you for your kind words, blog land has helped me get through everything

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your finishes Julie. I am sorry to hear what happened to you. Julie. I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daylight saving does not start for another week. November 4th it begins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting and for your comment.
      In the USA it is November 4th but here in the UK It is the last weekend in October.

      Delete
  9. Happy that the hospital experience had a good ending. Be sure to rest. Great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Julie so many people I know are having health issues. I'm so sorry this happened to you and I hope you are better very soon. Enjoy your rest/crafting time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear Julie, that must have been worrying, I'm glad it all worked out OK, and hope you are feeling better.
    The ornaments are beautiful, I love the addition of the little stocking charms along the bottom of the first one

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, Julie! I've been there, and it is frightening - I'm so glad that you are okay. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and sending good wishes and hugs to you. Take care and rest.

    I love your ornament finishes - so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a very scary day, Julie. I am glad it wasn't a heart attack or blood clot--I'm sure you and your family were very worried! I hope things hold steady now and you can just rest, read, and craft for a bit :)

    Your little ornaments are darling and I hope you're finding some new ones to stitch up in the latest JCS Ornament issue!

    Take care now and happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Julie I'm praying you are feeling much better now. That must have been so scary. I love your ornaments...so special. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  15. o my, so many tests! I'm glad they took good care of you and you're back home to work on all the lovely ornaments in your new magazine.

    I had to google "newsagent" as that is not a common term here! Perhaps in NYC there are some but out in the boonies, totally unheard of. That's a nice price for that one.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.