It's certainly seemed like autumn here this past week. Temperatures have dropped and cardigan/sweaters have had to be dug out of the wardrobe. We've had high winds and heavy rain.
DH and I have had a little outing.
We visited the "14-18 Now" Weeping Window at Middleport Pottery on the Trent and Mersey Canal. It's situated in Stoke in the heart of the potteries.
It was free to visit but you did have to book timed entry tickets online due to health and safety issues as there is not much space in the cobbled yard
It was wonderful to see these pottery hand made poppies up close. A little sad to stand there thinking of all those that lost their lives or came home to their families with injuries and wounds, both mental and physical. So many families affected.
Little sheep are appearing on my Baa-ble hat
A couple more leaves on the embroidery
A new start in the parlour on Wednesday evening at Needlecraft Haven with Miss Barb. I know many of you are deaf to the C word lol. It's a Christmas ornament design and I'd like to send some out to family again this year so decided to get a bit organised early.
The Perran Yarn gorgeous merino soft wool has turned into a cosy pair of socks for me. Hand dyed in Cornwall it really is lovely to knit with.
Autumn arrives officially this week so the ornament for the Autumn SAL needed completing.
This design is a free one that has been printed off for such a long time and comes from Lynn at Happiness is Cross Stitching.
The front
The back
Finished very simply the same as the other two, here they are, just the winter one to add to complete my set.
Needle has been out this morning too, but not of the sewing variety. DH and I have both been to the GP surgery for our annual flu jab. We both qualify for the first round. Two different types this year, one for younger people that protects you against 4 different types and the other for over 65's - that's DH - which protects against 3 types of flu.
Are you a Strictly Come Dancing fan? Tonight starts off this seasons first live show. I find it hard to sew when watching so I've pulled out a new ball of sock yarn to keep me company. DH will be pretending to read his book, but if I ask him in a couple of weeks something about it he'll be able to answer and yet he tells me he doesn't watch it.....
Happy crafting everyone
Love and blessings
Julie x
I have my ripple blanket ready for strickly tonight, we saw poppies at Fort Nelson this year, they are thought provoking
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are feeling brighter Julie, your wips and finishes are beautiful, the socks look so soft. The poppies look beautiful and such a lovely way to remember. Xxx
ReplyDeleteA lovely post today Julie and such a lovely display of poppies to see. I enjoyed seeing all the things you've been up to and it's good that you're enjoying your crafting again too.
ReplyDeleteI saw poppies at the Tower of London when I was in London a few years ago. Are these the same kind? Great progress on many types of projects!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are feeling better Julie. What a cute hat! And a wonderful sock!
ReplyDeleteJulie: The poppies are amazing, the color is so bright.
ReplyDeleteYour socks are beautiful, I must say the pin pillows are adorable.
Catherine
This is a lovely little autumn ornament, i love the big pumpkins. And your socks looks great.
ReplyDeleteGreetings, Martina
The poppies are beautiful aren't they! It's lovely to see them being taken to new locations each year. I do like the colour of your socks, good luck with the sheep. Lovely ornaments for the Four Seasons SAL
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely hat and I really admire your embroidery skills.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you were able to visit Middleport and see the Poppies I thought it was a very moving display and well organised too. I love your Baa-ble hat and the little cross stich hanging pillows. We have our flue jabs in October:)
ReplyDeleteThe poppy display is beautiful and very thought provoking, a very sad piece of art in a way. Seeing your Baable hat is making me want to make a start on mine but I've got other things on the needles at the moment so it'll have to wait. I hope you enjoyed Strictly, I thought they all did so well, especially for the first week. I haven't got a favourite yet. I cast on a new pair of socks whilst watching as part of the Strictly Sockalong which I'm joining in with.
ReplyDeleteThe poppies are beautiful, Julie. Glad to read that you are feeling more yourself. Your knitting and stitching are lovely.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful and poignant display those poppies make.
ReplyDeleteLovely stitching and knitting, and so nice to see the socks knitted up. I guess I should get a picture of the scarf I knitted with the hank I got
Lovely poppy display. Our local groups have been working on one too, made of knitted and crocheted poppies.
ReplyDeleteGreat work on the sheepie hat and the Autumn pillow too.
The poppy display is gorgeous though sad. Poppies are a very small remembrance around here; perhaps because we were not so directly affected.
ReplyDeleteLove the little seasonal pillows. Are you going to dive right into winter now? Baable looks great so far! I still have the modified cat version waiting for me somewhere......
Still need to get my flu jab too. Husband got his at the free work stabbing party (hah) but I have have to be a Big Girl and make an appointment for myself. :)
The poppy display is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Nice to hear you are feeling good and your craftiness is back strong. Everything you've been working on is great!
ReplyDeleteJulie the poppies were amazing. I have never seen so many like that before...just beautiful. Your seasonal stitches are so pretty and so well done.
ReplyDeleteYour knitting is so beautiful. I love that sweet hat. Have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
The poppies look wonderful, I wish I'd have known about it as our daughter lives in Stoke and we could have stopped by on the way. Love the stitching and the knitting, so many projects on the go and all of them lovely.
ReplyDeleteDon't those poppies look wonderful, I enjoyed seeing your photographs.
ReplyDeleteI am a Strictly fan, and thoroughly enjoyed last Saturdays show … haven't got a favourite pairing yet though!
All the best Jan
My favorite thing about this post was reading that you are feeling better than you have in a long time, Julie! That is fantastic!! Hope it continues and you get stronger and stronger :)
ReplyDeleteLovely stitching and knitting... The hat is darling and I love the socks.
We have Dancing With the Stars here in the U.S. which I watch now and then when I am exercising on my treadmill--it is just not the type of show you can watch while stitching :)
Such lovely poppies, they displayed them beautifully.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're feeling better and keeping busy, all wonderful projects!
Your seasons look great but no rush on winter, I'm happily enjoying autumn!